Did you know you can prepare baked donuts as good as the fried ones without the guilt? These Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are amazingly soft and flavorful, kids’ favorite every time I make them. The recipe comes together in just a few minutes, using basic ingredients you already have at home. It is so easy and quick to prepare them at home as for these donuts you don’t even need yeast or eggs and they don’t require deep frying either.
After baking, these donuts are brushed with a bit of melted butter or vegetable oil and coated into a cinnamon sugar mixture and then are ready for serving right way.
You can definitely use this recipe to create various donuts, skip the coating and dip them in various glazes, from Nutella to melted chocolate or caramel and the list can go on. Hope you will try these Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts and enjoy!
Baked Doughnuts with Nutella Glaze
Easy Baked Chocolate Doughnuts (no yeast, no eggs, no butter)
Easy No yeast Yogurt Donuts
Fried Apple Doughnuts
Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- 2 ½ cup (310g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 ½ tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 3/4 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1g) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (240g) buttermilk
- 4 tbsp (56g) oil
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tsp (3g) cinnamon
For Brushing the Donuts
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter , melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour with baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add buttermilk, oil and vanilla extract and mix to combine until smooth.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled surface and use a slightly greased rolling pin to roll the dough to ½ inch (1 cm) thickness.
- Use a donut cutter or 2.5 inch (6 cm) round cookie cutter to cut the donuts and a 3/4 inch (2 cm) round cutter for the inner circle.
- Re-roll the rest of the dough and cut into donuts until no dough is left.
- Place the donuts about 2 inches (5cm) apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the donuts for 7-8 minutes. Make sure you don’t over bake the donuts.
- Meanwhile mix together the sugar and cinnamon for coating and melt the butter for brushing.
- Brush each donut with melted butter and coat in cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Could these be refrigerated raw and baked an hour or two later.
I see no reason why not.. should be just fine