Did you know you can prepare baked donuts as good as fried ones without the guilt? These Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts are amazingly soft and flavorful, kids’ favorite every time I make them. The recipe comes together in just a few minutes, using basic ingredients you already have at home. It is so easy and quick to prepare them at home as for these donuts you don’t even need yeast or eggs and they don’t require deep frying either.
After baking, these donuts are brushed with a bit of melted butter or vegetable oil and coated into a cinnamon sugar mixture and then are ready for serving right away.
You can follow this recipe to make different types of donuts. Instead of putting on a coating, you can dip them in various glazes like Nutella, melted chocolate, or caramel, and many more.
How to make Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
Get ready by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C) and putting parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Prepare the dough by mixing in a big bowl, the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Add in buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir everything well until it’s smooth.
Put the dough on a surface with a little oil. Use a slightly greased rolling pin to make the dough about ½ inch (1 cm) thick.
Use a donut cutter or a 2.5-inch (6 cm) round cookie cutter to shape the donuts. For the hole in the middle, use a 3/4-inch (2 cm) round cutter. For the dough left, roll it again and keep making more donuts until you use it all up.
Place the donuts on the baking sheet, keeping about 2 inches (5 cm) between them. Bake the donuts for 7-8 minutes. Make sure not to bake them too much – you want them just right.
While the donuts are baking, mix sugar and cinnamon together for the coating. Melt the butter too.
When the donuts are done, brush each one with melted butter and then roll them in the sugar-cinnamon mix.
Now, you’re all set to enjoy your delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts! Hope you will try these out and if you do tag me on Instagram. Enjoy!
For more eggless treats check our full collection of Eggless Recipes.
Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- 2 ½ cup (310g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 ½ tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 3/4 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1g) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (240g) buttermilk
- 4 tbsp (56g) oil
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tsp (3g) cinnamon
For Brushing the Donuts
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter , melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour with baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add buttermilk, oil and vanilla extract and mix to combine until smooth.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled surface and use a slightly greased rolling pin to roll the dough to ½ inch (1 cm) thickness.
- Use a donut cutter or 2.5 inch (6 cm) round cookie cutter to cut the donuts and a 3/4 inch (2 cm) round cutter for the inner circle.
- Re-roll the rest of the dough and cut into donuts until no dough is left.
- Place the donuts about 2 inches (5cm) apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the donuts for 7-8 minutes. Make sure you don’t over bake the donuts.
- Meanwhile mix together the sugar and cinnamon for coating and melt the butter for brushing.
- Brush each donut with melted butter and coat in cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy!