This Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi is one easy recipe that delights all cheese lovers. The best part of this recipe is that you can use whatever four cheeses you like, but I would suggest to always keep the Parmesan Cheese as one of them. Four cheese whole wheat pasta is the perfect dish for a quick dinner or lunch, served along a good white wine.
Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi (Four Cheese Whole Wheat Pasta)
- 250 g whole wheat pasta (I used spaghetti)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tbsp butter , room temperature
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese , grated
- 1/4 cup goat cheese , broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese , grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts , toasted
- Fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta to the al dente stage in lightly salted water. Toast the pine nuts in a medium pan.
- Heat the cream, garlic powder and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Gradually stir in all grated cheese.
- Reduce heat to low, and continue stirring just until all cheese is melted.
- Drain the pasta and reserve some of the cooking water.Put pasta back in the pan, pour in the cheese cream and add salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine adding some of the reserved cooking water if you want to thin the sauce slightly.
- Sprinkle the top with some cheese, toasted pine nuts and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Mmmm I’m a major cheese lover and I love whole wheat pasta-this looks amazing.
Scrumptious! Whole wheat pasta has such a wonderful taste and bite…
I usually use penne for this dish and bake it but I really love the spaghetti idea! Looks so good. I need to make this soon.