This Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi is an easy dish that delights all cheese lovers. The best part of this recipe is that you can use whatever four cheeses you like, but I would suggest always keeping the Parmesan Cheese as one of them. Four Cheese Whole Wheat Pasta is the perfect dish for a quick dinner or lunch, served along with a good white wine.
How to make Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi
Begin by cooking the pasta in slightly salty water until it’s just right, al dente stage. In a medium pan toast the pine nuts.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Heat the cream, garlic powder, and butter in a saucepan until the butter melts. Gradually add all the grated cheese. Lower the heat and keep stirring until all the cheese melts into a beautiful blend.
When ready, drain the pasta, saving a bit of the cooking water. Put the pasta back in the pan, pour in the cheesy cream, and add a dash of salt and pepper. Give it a gentle stir, adding some of the reserved cooking water if you want to smooth things out.
Sprinkle some more cheese, those golden pine nuts, and a bit of fresh parsley on top. Serve it up right away and enjoy the heavenly flavors of this pasta delight.
Hope you will try these amazing Four Cheese Whole Wheat Pasta and enjoy them as much as we did. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram, would love to see how it turns out for you. Enjoy!
Broccoli and Prosciutto Pasta
Mediterranean Summer Pasta Salad
Classic Bolognese Sauce
Spaghetti with Baked Meatballs
Smoked Salmon Carbonara
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Chicken Stir-Fry Noodles
Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi (Four Cheese Whole Wheat Pasta)
- 9 oz (250g) whole wheat pasta (I used spaghetti)
- 7 oz (200g) cream
- 1 tbsp (15g) butter , room temperature
- 1/2 tsp (2g) garlic powder
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese , grated
- 1/4 cup (25g) Mozzarella cheese , grated
- 1/4 cup (25g) goat cheese , broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup (25g) Romano cheese , grated
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (35g) pine nuts , toasted
- Fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta to the al dente stage in lightly salted water. Toast the pine nuts in a medium pan.
- Heat the cream, garlic powder and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Gradually stir in all grated cheese.
- Reduce heat to low, and continue stirring just until all cheese is melted.
- Drain the pasta and reserve some of the cooking water.Put pasta back in the pan, pour in the cheese cream and add salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine adding some of the reserved cooking water if you want to thin the sauce slightly.
- Sprinkle the top with some cheese, toasted pine nuts and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.