- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Homemade Twix Bars
Watch the video for this recipe:
I am glad to share with you another great homemade Twix recipe. This one is easy to prepare as well as the other Chocolate Caramel Bars recipe I’ve shared few time ago, but it is an eggless version made with sweetened condensed milk.
It is the first time trying to make a caramel without caramelizing the sugar first and I was surprised by the great result I obtained this way. The caramel turned chewy and gooey but still soft, exactly as needed for this recipe.
You can hardly beat these candy bars, they are rich, buttery and chocolaty, a thick buttery crust topped with chewy caramel and a thick chocolate layer on top. Simply amazing and quite addictive.
Recipe slightly adapted after GoodtoKnow
- Makes about 18 bars
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 can (14oz -397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp (45g) butter
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- Chocolate Topping
- 7 oz (200g) dark or milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp (28g) butter
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Slightly grease a 8x8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper, in such a way that some edges overhang to make it easy to lift it up once it's set.
- Prepare the crust. In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour and incorporate into the butter mixture until crumbly and mixture holds together when squeezed.
- Press into the bottom of the pan using the back of a spoon and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Make the caramel. Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and place over low-medium heat, stirring continuously. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for 5 minutes more stirring continuously. . Pour over the crust and bake for 12 -15 minutes at 350F (180C).Let it cool slightly.
- Melt the chocolate with butter over bain-marie. Spread melted chocolate on top of the caramel.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.