- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Hot Chocolate with Red Wine
Watch the video for this recipe:
Ever since I saw this recipe on SAVEUR website I was eager to give this a try. What attracted me the most was the idea to combine hot chocolate with red wine. What a brilliant idea and I never thought of it before. Who doesn't love to delight with a cup of hot chocolate during the cold season? Or a hot wine? To combine these two is amazing.
- Makes about 1-2 servings
- 3 tsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- Bring wine to a simmer over low heat . ** Heating the wine first is optional, do that only if you want to reduce the alcohol level. If not, simply add the wine over the cocoa and milk mixture, and bring everything to a boil.
- Meanwhile in a bowl combine cocoa powder with sugar and salt. Add 2 or 3 tbsp of milk and stir well to combine. Add the rest of the milk, stir well and add over the wine. Bring to a boil while whisking from time to time.
- Pour into your serving cups and serve.