Did you ever make cookies using jam in the recipe? If you didn’t you should definitely try, they turn out to be amazingly delicious. My idea was to reduce the amount of sugar and replace it with jam and also bring a plus of flavor. I was afraid that they won’t bake right but the result as a matter of look and taste is a delicious success. Here is a delightful recipe for Apricot Jam and Walnut Cookies.
How to make apricot jam and walnut cookies
To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Add parchment paper on 2 baking sheets.
In a big bowl, mix together butter and sugar until they’re all combined nicely. Then, crack in an egg and give it a good beat.
Add some apricot jam, almond extract, and vanilla extract to the mix. Stir it all in really well. Now, let’s combine the dry ingredients – flour and baking powder – and add them into the buttery mixture.
Don’t forget the walnuts! Fold in the chopped walnuts to add a lovely nutty crunch.
Now, it’s time to shape the dough into cookies. You can use a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop for this. Take small scoops of dough and place them on the baking sheets, leaving some space in between. Give each cookie a little extra goodness by topping them with some more chopped walnuts.
Slide those baking sheets into the preheated oven and let them bake for around 15 to 17 minutes. Keep an eye on them – you want them to turn a beautiful golden brown.
Once they’re done, carefully take them off the baking sheets and put them on a cooling rack. Let them cool down completely.
And there you have it – a batch of scrumptious cookies ready to enjoy! Perfectly golden and full of flavor, they’re a treat you’ll love sinking your teeth into.
Apricot Jam and Walnut Cookies
- 1 stick (110g) butter
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80g) apricot jam
- 1/4 tsp (1g) almond extract
- 1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- 1 ½ cup (190g) flour
- 1 cup (100g) walnuts , chopped
- walnuts for top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the egg.
- Add apricot jam, almond extract and vanilla extract and stir well to incorporate. Stir dry ingredients together, flour and baking powder and add into butter mixture.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Using a tablespoon or your ice cream scoop take small balls and place on prepared baking sheets with distance between them. Top with chopped walnuts and bake 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven or until golden brown. Remove from sheet to a cooling rack. Cool completely.