- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
No-Bake Ombre Berry Cheesecake
Watch the video for this recipe:
I am often asked for no bake desserts, so here is another no-bake recipe for Berry Cheesecake that is created in gradient layers and perfect for berry season. An homemade berry sauce is used for coloring the layers so no artificial colors are involved here.
It is an easy recipe that goes pretty fast to assemble and you can even make the berry sauce a day before if it’s best for you.
This cheesecake is elegant and quite impressive with an amazing berry flavor that will definitely please your guests.
- Makes about 8 servings
- 5 oz (150g) digestive biscuits/graham crackers
- 3 tbsp (45g) butter, melted
- Berry Sauce
- 3.5 oz (100g) raspberries
- 3.5 oz (100g) blackberries
- 3.5 oz (100g) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15ml) water
- 1/2 tbsp (5g) gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp (30ml) cold water
- Cream Cheese Mixture
- 10 oz (300g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup (400g) whipping cream, 35%fat, chilled
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp (5g) gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp (30ml) water
- Prepare the berry sauce so it has time to cool before preparing the cream cheese mixture. Place the berries, sugar, lemon juice and water in a small sauce pan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and sieve to remove seeds.
- While the sauce is preparing prepare the gelatin. Dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5-10 minutes.
- Place gelatin over low heat just until the gelatin dissolves and then pour it over sieved berry sauce. Let the berry sauce cool at room temperature while you prepare the rest.
- Prepare the crust. Place the cookies or crackers into a bag and use a rolling pin to turn into crumbs. Transfer the crumbs into a bowl and stir in butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a non-stick 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan using the back of a spoon.
- Prepare the cream cheese mixture. Dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl mix cream cheese with powdered sugar. In another bowl whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually incorporate whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place gelatin over low heat just until the gelatin dissolves and then pour it over cream cheese mixture and incorporate.
- Divide cream cheese mixture into three different bowls. Pour about two thirds of the berry sauce into one bowl. Pour the other third into the second bowl. Leave the other bowl as it is.
- Pour the deep purple cream cheese mixture over the crust and spread evenly. Freeze for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the light purple cream cheese mixture and freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Finish with the plain cream cheese mixture. Use an offset spatula to spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for about 6 hours or overnight until set.
- Before serving decorate with fresh berries and mint leaves.