Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Peach Cake with Meringue Topping
Posted on July 12, 2011
One of the best summer desserts with a perfect crunchy meringue topping. You can replace peaches with apples, pears, cherries, plums or apricots.
- Makes about 8-10 servings
- Cake Base
- 110 g butter
- 12 tbsp sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1 lemon finely grated zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 12 tbsp flour
- 5,6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 4 egg whites
- 10 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter 10-inch(26 cm) springform pan(with a removable base).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the egg yolks, sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Stir in dry ingredients, flour and baking powder.
- Pour the butter mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle a little flour over the peach slices and arrange them on the top of butter mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip the egg whites until foamy with a mixer. Gradually add the sugar whipping the whole time until it holds very stiff peaks.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add egg whites on top of the cake and bake for another 20 minutes until golden brown. Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan. Let cool at room temperature before serving.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:284, Fat:12.0 g, Saturated Fat:7.0 g, Carbohydrates:41.7 g, Sugar:32.9 g, Fiber:1.2 g, Protein:4.3 g, Cholesterol:110 mg, Calories from Fat 108, Sodium 92 mg, Vitamin A 12%, Calcium 8%, Vitamin C 7%, Iron 5%, Nutrition Grade D, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.