This peach galette was probably the best dessert I served recently. I love the rustic look of the galette and the fresh yellow peaches along the flaky crust were amazingly delicious. Not only it looks good and tastes heavenly it is also very easy to make, you don’t need a tart pan, just roll the dough and add the fresh fruits tossed with butter, sugar and corn starch.
You can make this dessert using any other fruits like apples, plums, apricots and add walnuts or almonds and spices like cinnamon or vanilla.
This peach galette will always remain in my memory as this is the first recipe I chose for my first cooking video. We are going to make many others too so I hope you enjoy our first video.
Peach Crumble Muffins
- 1 ¼ cup (160g) flour
- 1 stick (110g) cold unsalted butter , cut into small (1/2-inch) cubes
- 1 ½ tsp (7g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 4 to 6 tbsp (60-90ml) ice water
- 2 or 3 yellow peaches
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter , melted
- 1 ½ tsp (6g) cornstarch
- sugar , for garnish
- Prepare the crust. Sift the flour and mix flour with salt and sugar. Incorporate butter to the flour, using a pastry blender, a fork or a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Slowly add the water and stir until the water is incorporated. Wrap it with plastic, knead slowly to form a disc and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Slice the peaches and place them in a bowl. Mix sugar with cornstarch and add over the peach slices. Add butter and toss gently to coat.
- Using the wrap plastic at the base, roll the dough to about a 13 inch diameter. Lift up the rolled dough and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange the peach slices in overlapping circles starting one and a half inch from the edge. Fold the edges of the dough over the filling and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 40 45 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I love a good galette, they are so perfect for the summer. I have a load of peaches right now, but my tarte pan is occupied, so this is perfect.
I also must add that your video is quite beautiful.
Thank you for your appreciation. Yes, galettes are just perfect every time you don't have a pan at your service, and I would say faster solution:).
This galette looks delicious and so simple. Stone fruit season is my favorite time of year.
Thank you Sarah. It was delicious, I could hardly wait to finish with the photos so we can finally serve it :). I love this time of the year too.
I made a peach galette a couple of weeks ago but had trouble with the crust leaking. Any suggestions?
Can’t wait to give your recipe a try. It looks absolutely delicious!
Thank you Janet. Yes the dough can get leaky if the butter starts melting. It is important to work as fast as possible with it. Also sprinkle some flour on the rolling pin before starting to roll the dough, it will help too. Maybe you will try this recipe of the crust, and it will work better for you. Let me know.
I’ve never tried to make a peach galette but I will now. Thanks!
i am glad this convinced you to give it a try.
The cooking video was really great. I ended up making a galette for myself, and added basil to it. Looking forward to your future work! 🙂
I am so glad you liked the video and tried this recipe. I think basil is a good addition, thanks for the idea.
Love the video. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful pics!
Veery attractive recipe!
In the beginning of June this year I made a strawberry galette, and also a salty one with zucchini. Now I’m so curious to try this recipe.
The peach galette is cooling now, waiting for tomorrow vanilla ice vream!
Thank you for the insiring videos! 🙂
I love galettes too.. so quick to prepare and so delicious.. let me know if you enjoyed the peach one as well
what’s the reason behind chilling the butter in the freezer?
It is important to make sure it is cold enough as pieces of butter still need to be a bit visible in the dough. Try to not overwork the dough. Those pieces of butter will create that flaky, tasty crust, other wise it will be tough.
I tried the recipe earlier this afternoon and with much success the outcome was divine! thanks for sharing a wonderful easy to make peach galette.
So happy you enjoyed this recipe:) I simply love galettes.. recently made one with apples.. so so good too:)
Hi i m from pakistan and i love ur cooking and baking…plz do provide measurements in grams….thank u
just added the metric measurements.. hope you will try it out 🙂 enjoy baking