- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
My daughters really love chicken meat. I am lucky to have an organic source for chicken meat as I have to cook with chicken each week to satisfy my little ones cravings. Therefore I need to come out with different ways to cook chicken, and these sticky drumsticks are definitely one of the best ways.
Sticky chicken drumsticks are very easy to prepare, just make a simple flavorful marinade with honey, ginger, soy sauce, some chili paste and balsamic vinegar, toss the chicken in it and bake until tender. For the chili paste I used my chilli jam, which worked perfectly for this recipe.
It is important to baste chicken often with the marinade while baking to form that irresistible caramelized, sticky surface.
I used drumsticks this time but it works as well with chicken wings or chicken thighs. Served alongside a fresh salad, sticky chicken drumsticks make one perfect lunch or dinner.
- Makes about 2-4 servings
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- For the marinade
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 inch fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- oil for greasing the pan
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
Score the surface of the drumsticks with a sharp knife in 3 or 4 places, to help the flavor penetrate, and set aside.
In a small bowl mix together honey, ginger, soy sauce, chili paste and vinegar.
Coat the drumsticks with the marinade and place on a greased baking dish. If you are not in a hurry you may want to put the drumsticks with the marinade in a plastic bag for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors combine better.
- Place the drumsticks in the preheated oven, and after 30 minutes of baking start basting the drumsticks with reserved marinade, for few times while baking, until sticky, caramelized and nicely browned, for another 10 or 15 minutes more.
- Remove, sprinkle chopped spring onion or chives on top and serve alongside a fresh salad.