For whenever you are craving a chocolate dessert but you want to stay away from refined sugar, here is a great recipe for you. Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Cake, consisting of a chocolate moist cake sweetened with honey and topped with a cream cheese cocoa honey frosting. The cake is simply delightful and you don’t need special skills to create this irresistible cake.
The recipe is really easy and quick to prepare. I highly recommend not to skip the frosting as it really complements the cake, making it a quite sophisticated dessert perfect for any occasion. Hope you will try this Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Cake and let me know how it turns out for you. Enjoy!
Refined Sugar Free Breakfast Muffins
No-Bake Healthy Brownies
Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
Easy Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Honey Cake
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup + 1 ½ tbsp (150g) honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (160g) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (2g) instant coffee powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 1 ¾ cup (220g) all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 14 oz (400g) cream cheese
- 3 tbsp (24g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (60g) honey
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease a 8 inch (20cm) pan and line with parchment paper.
- Prepare the chocolate honey cake. In a medium bowl whisk the flour, with cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, instant coffee powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl add butter with honey and mix until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and mix to incorporate. Add buttermilk and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- With the mixer on low incorporate the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Prepare the cream cheese honey frosting. In a large bowl mix cream cheese with honey, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
- Cut the top of the cake to create a flat surface. Invert onto a serving platter.
- Spoon the cream cheese frosting on top of the cake. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Hi, can I leave this cake out of the fridge ? I worry putting it in fridge will make it go hard! And it’s for a birthday tomorrow so I don’t want to risk it. It tastes great by the way! Very rich but just what my partner likes so he’s happy! 😊 will it be fine covered for the night?
You can leave the cake out of the fridge, of course, what you can do is to simply add the frosting the next day, few time before serving. Enjoy and Happy Birthday! You can also refrigerate and let it get to room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving.