Do you often find yourself craving a decadent chocolate dessert, but want to avoid refined sugar? If so, fear not! I have an excellent recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your health goals. I present to you the Refined Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake, a delectable dessert that will leave you feeling satisfied and guilt-free.
This delightful cake is made with a moist and rich chocolate base, sweetened with the natural goodness of honey. But that’s not all, to take it to the next level, it’s topped with a luscious cream cheese cocoa honey frosting that adds an extra layer of flavor and texture. The result is a sophisticated dessert that is perfect for any occasion, from birthdays to dinner parties.
But wait, there’s more! What sets this cake apart is that it’s incredibly easy and quick to prepare, so you can enjoy your indulgence without spending hours in the kitchen. Even if you’re not an experienced baker, you’ll be able to create this irresistible cake with ease.
How to make Refined Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake
To make the chocolate honey cake, preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and line an 8-inch (20cm) pan. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, instant coffee powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. In a separate large bowl, mix butter and honey until creamy. Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract and mix. Incorporate the flour mixture into the butter mixture with a mixer on low, then pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes and let cool completely. For the cream cheese honey frosting, mix cream cheese with honey, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Cut the top of the cake to make it flat, invert it onto a platter, and spread the frosting on top.
Now, let me give you a word of advice. Don’t skip the frosting, as it truly complements the cake and brings out its full potential. Trust me, it’s worth the extra effort. I encourage you to try this recipe and let me know how it turns out for you. I’m confident that you’ll be impressed with the results and that this Refined Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake will become a new favorite in your dessert repertoire. So go ahead, give it a try, and indulge in a guilt-free treat that is sure to delight your taste buds. If you try it out don’t forget to tag me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turned out for you. Enjoy!
Other refined sugar-free desserts you may like to try
Indulge in the creamy and decadent Low-Fat Refined Sugar-Free Cheesecake, made with wholesome ingredients and no added sugar. Crave something chocolatey? Try the Refined Sugar-Free Date Cocoa Brownies, a rich and fudgy dessert sweetened only with dates. And for a classic favorite with a healthy twist, whip up the Best Ever Refined Sugar-Free Carrot Cake Recipe, packed with nutritious ingredients like carrots and dates. These desserts are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your health goals. Check our collection of Refined Sugar-Free Recipes for more inspiration.
Easy Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Honey Cake
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup + 1 ½ tbsp (150g) honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (160g) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (2g) instant coffee powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 1 ¾ cup (220g) all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 14 oz (400g) cream cheese
- 3 tbsp (24g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (60g) honey
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease a 8 inch (20cm) pan and line with parchment paper.
Prepare the chocolate honey cake.
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, with cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, instant coffee powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl add butter with honey and mix until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and mix to incorporate. Add buttermilk and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- With the mixer on low incorporate the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
Prepare the cream cheese honey frosting.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese with honey, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
- Cut the top of the cake to create a flat surface. Invert onto a serving platter.
- Spoon the cream cheese frosting on top of the cake. Enjoy!