- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Watch the video for this recipe:
I have made this appetizer for more than 4 times by now, for various occasions like birthday parties, baby showers or holiday tables. Each time it was very much appreciated and for some, beyond the good taste this was something new and interesting. I have been asked for the recipe and finally had the chance to make time to make this recipe a photo shoot:).
- Makes about 4 dozen slices (16 servings)
- 5-6 homemade flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- 3/4 cup (200g) sour cream
- 8 oz (220g) cream cheese, softened
- 3.5 oz (100g) black olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper (about 50g)
- 1 cup (100g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup green onion, about 2 springs, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- For Serving
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- If you want to use homemade tortillas for this appetizer this would be the first step. For homemade tortillas you can find the recipe here. After you make them let them cool down, to reach the room temperature.(I usually make the tortillas in the afternoon and then in the evening I prepare the filling - in order to have the appetizer ready for the next day).
- In a large bowl, mix the filling ingredients until well combined.
- Spread over the tortillas and roll up tightly.
- Wrap the rolls with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to blend the flavors.
- Before the time of serving, around 1 hr or 30 minutes before unwrap the rolls, and using a very good sharp knife cut into 1/2- 3/4-in (1-2 cm) slices. Discard ends. Garnish with parsley and serve with spicy salsa for dipping.