I have made this Tortilla Pinwheels appetizer for more than 4 times by now, for various occasions like birthday parties, baby showers or holiday tables. Each time it was very much appreciated and for some, beyond the good taste this was something new and interesting. I have been asked for the recipe and finally had the chance to make time to make this recipe a photo shoot:).
- 5-6 homemade flour tortillas (10 inches) , room temperature
- 3/4 cup (200g) sour cream
- 8 oz (220g) cream cheese , softened
- 3.5 oz (100g) black olives , chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper (about 50g)
- 1 cup (100g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup green onion , about 2 springs chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- If you want to use homemade tortillas for this appetizer this would be the first step. For homemade tortillas you can find the recipe here. After you make them let them cool down, to reach the room temperature.(I usually make the tortillas in the afternoon and then in the evening I prepare the filling – in order to have the appetizer ready for the next day).
- In a large bowl, mix the filling ingredients until well combined.
- Spread over the tortillas and roll up tightly.
- Wrap the rolls with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to blend the flavors.
- Before the time of serving, around 1 hr or 30 minutes before unwrap the rolls, and using a very good sharp knife cut into 1/2- 3/4-in (1-2 cm) slices. Discard ends. Garnish with parsley and serve with spicy salsa for dipping.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I LOVE this filling…totally irresistible! I will make these for my next gathering 🙂
Perfect appetizer dish for big party! I like that it’s easy to prepare and you can make it ahead of time!
What a great idea! Those pinwheels must taste wonderful. Homemade tortillas are just the best.