This Strawberry Cheesecake is a cake I’ve made for my husband’s anniversary and since then I make it as often as I can. It was a real success. I wanted to create a three colored layered cheesecake and came out with this idea of a strawberry cheesecake with a chocolate crust.
The crust is made by making a chocolate biscuit dough, but if you don’t have patience making it from scratch, just use your favorite chocolate cookies instead, like Oreo cookies.
The strawberries on top worked just perfect. You won’t regret trying this cheesecake recipe, that’s for sure and kids will love it too.
- 150 g butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 11 tbsp flour
- 500 g cream cheese or fresh ricotta cheese
- 200 g sour cream
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 tbsp corn starch (optional)
- sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 150C (300 F).
- For the crust mix all ingredients in a food processor until crumbs are formed. Press the crumbs into bottom of a 10-inch (26 cm) springform pan (with a removable base) so that they stick together but not so much that it'll lose its crumby texture.
- For the cheese filling beat cheese, sour cream, cornstarch, vanilla extract, honey and sugar in a food processor until well blended. Start adding the eggs one at a time until each egg is absorbed. Pour the filling over the prepared crust.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the cheesecake is set. Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan. Let it cool completely at room temperature. You can serve or refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, remove sides of the pan. Garnish with strawberry slices,mint leaves and strawberry topping.