Summer is bursting with berries and I enjoy using them for various breakfast dishes like in this delicious Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes. Blueberries have always been great in pancakes, and are amazing in these made with ricotta.
What I love about this recipe is the fact that the whites are whipped separately and then folded into the pancake mixture. That makes the pancakes fluffy and soft.
The addition of ricotta and lemon zest takes the pancakes to a next level. They will soon become a family favorite and you might consider doubling the recipe as they will be gone in seconds.
Hope you will try these Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes as they are worth all the effort. Enjoy!
Apple Crisp Pancakes
Strawberry Dutch Baby Pancake
Recipe was slightly adapted after Driscoll’s
Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1 cup (240g) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (120g) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 1/2 tsp (6g) baking powder
- Zest from a lemon
- Fresh blueberries
- Maple Syrup/Honey for serving
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, ricotta cheese, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Add the flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt and whisk until no lumps remain.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped whites into pancake mixture.
- Lightly grease with butter a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add about ¼ cup of pancake batter and spread to form a 4 inch (10cm) pancake.
- Add blueberries on top and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and serve with maple syrup or honey on top.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Not just wonderful recipe, but wonderful attention to details! I love how you take the time to include the nutritional information and provide a printing option.
— Ms. Chin’s Education News
Thank you for you appreciation. Details matters – that's my motto:) And i love to have people like you in our community.
Ella- HOME COOKING ADVENTURE
Can we skip the lemon zest? Will it affect the flavor?
Hi! I love your website and made over 10 of your recipes already which are all amazing! Want to make these pancakes next but don’t have buttermilk..what a good substitute?
I am so glad to hear that..Ella:) you can always substitute buttermilk with 3/4 part yogurt + 1/4 part milk
I want to make this recipe but I don’t have ricotta cheese, I have instead Philadelphia chesse. What do you think? Thank you.
Can I use diffrent cream chease instead of the ricota? Maybe Mascrpone?
Yes, you can.
Hi is the carb content (19g) for one pancake ??