Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie is an amazing irresistible dessert in form of a giant chocolate chip cookie that is easy and quick to prepare perfect for any occasion. It is served warm, right after you take it out from the oven, while still soft inside, with melted chocolate and slightly crispy edges. Topped with ice cream makes it simply divine.
You can use chocolate chips or chocolate chunks for this recipe, either the milk, semi-sweet or bitter-sweet ones or a mix depending on your preferences. The batter is prepared directly in the skillet which makes it really convenient for whenever you are in a hurry and have guests .
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (190g) flour
- 3/4 tsp (4.5g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 cup (160g) chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C.). In a 9 or 10 inch (23-25cm) cast iron skillet melt butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add sugar and light brown sugar. If necessary let it cool slightly before adding the egg.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract. Incorporate dry ingredients, salt, baking soda and flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks and spread the batter evenly in the skillet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden.
- Serve warm with ice cream on top.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
ahhh skillet cookies are the ultimate in comfort food!
Greetings from the Philippines! I don’t have cast iron skillet, can I use an ordinary 9-inch round cake pan? Thanks Ella <3
Yes, you can.
do we have to use caster sugar or granulated one. kindly explain me
this is wonderful will try it as soon as I get some chocolate chips! Gwen
I doubled the recipe and it was awesome ! 🙂
Delicious! Thank you! I love your videos and recipes. You break things down to easy. Everyone loved it.
on what oven setting is it baked?