Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie is an amazing irresistible dessert in form of a giant chocolate chip cookie that is easy and quick to prepare perfect for any occasion. It is served warm, right after you take it out from the oven, while still soft inside, with melted chocolate and slightly crispy edges. Topped with ice cream makes it simply divine.
You can use chocolate chips or chocolate chunks for this recipe, either the milk, semi-sweet or bitter-sweet ones or a mix depending on your preferences. The batter is prepared directly in the skillet which makes it really convenient for whenever you are in a hurry and have guests .
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (190g) flour
- 3/4 tsp (4.5g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 cup (160g) chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C.). In a 9 or 10 inch (23-25cm) cast iron skillet melt butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add sugar and light brown sugar. If necessary let it cool slightly before adding the egg.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract. Incorporate dry ingredients, salt, baking soda and flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks and spread the batter evenly in the skillet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden.
- Serve warm with ice cream on top.