These Vegetable Balls are delicious and healthy, a good way to have children eat vegetables. They are also great as appetizer or served for lunch or dinner alongside your favorite side dish.
These veggie balls go very well over rice, pasta dishes or mashed potatoes or even in breakfast sandwiches too.
The recipe is easy and yo can adapt it to your own tastes, you can try other variations too for instance you can add some mashed chickpeas in combination with zucchinis to add some protein too. I am sure you will definitely enjoy these veggie balls.
These vegetable balls are great for parties too, I like to use these on skewers with some cheese and cherry tomatoes as they look wonderful.
Spaghetti with Baked Meatballs
Leftover Turkey Meatballs
Broccoli Cheese Balls
- 2 potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1/2 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dil
- 30 g cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 big tomatoes, puree
- 1 small red chili pepper, optional
- 1 tsp paprika
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F).
- Prepare the vegetable balls. Combine all the ingredients together, season to taste then form into small sized balls and place them on a greased baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes and use grill function for the last few minutes until they are a little golden brown on the outside.
- Prepare the sauce. Heat the oil in a sauce pan over high heat. Cook onion and garlic, for about 5 minutes until golden. Stir in red pepper and paprika. Add tomatoes, chili pepper, bay leaves, basil leaves and vegetable stock. Cover and let it simmer,stirring now and then until all vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated. Add salt, sugar and pepper if needed.
- Serve them as appetizers or as part of the main dish.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Oo those vegetable balls look so cute and delightful.
These look delicious, and easy to put together too! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Theresa
Oh I just love these! Perfect for a dinner party appetizer!
Yummy! Those look like a perfect appetizer. can’t wait to play with your recipe!
Oh, this is a SUPERB use for all the pulp I generate from juicing carrots, tomatoes, onions, and celery. The onion and tomato pulp can go into the sauce, while the zuch, carrot, and celery pulp goes into the balls. The pulp is already dry from the juicing, ensuring crispy veg. balls and thick sauce.
In fact, this goes hand in hand with owning a juicer and drinking a couple of glasses of veg juice a day. Highly complementary!
Yes.. very good idea:) I love it too.