This Crustless Zucchini Quiche is a tasty twist on the classic dish! It is a delicious blend of fresh zucchini, creamy eggs, and gooey cheese, all without the heavy crust. It’s a really good, healthy way to cook zucchini when zucchini season is here.
The zucchini gives it a down-to-earth taste that mixes perfectly with the cheesy goodness. Every bite is a yummy combo of flavors that everybody will love.
What’s cool is that we skipped the crust, making this quiche great for anybody looking to cut down on carbs or avoid gluten. Without the crust, you get more of the delicious filling and zucchini goodness. It’s like a smooth and tasty custard, with a bit of savory and a hint of sweetness.
You can enjoy this quiche anytime alongside a fresh salad, either warm or chilled, whether you’re into big breakfasts, light lunches, or cozy dinners. You can also consider preparing this quiche ahead of time and storing it in the refrigerator until it’s time to serve.
It looks so good and smells so nice that it’s a hit for people who love healthy food and those who just love good food.
How to make crustless zucchini quiche
Preheat your oven to 375F (190C). Start by grating the zucchini using the larger holes of your grater. Put it to the side. Now, heat up some olive oil in a 9-inch (23cm) cast iron pan on medium-high heat. Cook the onion for about 5 minutes until it’s soft.
Time to add the grated zucchini and cook it until the water disappears. Take it off the heat and let it cool down a little. In a big bowl, crack the eggs, and add salt, pepper, and a bit of nutmeg. Don’t forget to throw in some fresh parsley and oregano too. Mix it all up really well.
Pour in the cream and add the cheese. Give it a good stir until everything’s mixed. Now, pour this mixture over the onion and zucchini blend in the pan. Stick it in the oven and let it bake for roughly 25 minutes until it’s a nice golden color or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
Once it’s out, wait around 10 minutes before digging in. You can enjoy it with a fresh salad and some crusty bread for a complete meal. Time to eat up and enjoy your homemade treat!
So, if you’re up for a treat that’s both simple and fancy, our crustless zucchini quiche is a great choice. It’s all about savoring the yummy zucchini while keeping things light and tasty. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns out for you. Enjoy!
Other quiche recipes you may like to try
This Crustless Spinach Bacon Quiche is another crustless quiche we love. It is really flavorful and very comforting. It is a perfect dish alongside some crusty bread and a fresh salad.
For a great appetizer idea, you can consider trying these Filo Mini Quiches. Made with filo sheets for a crispy shell with a flavorful egg and pancetta filling they will definitely pass unnoticed.
This Potato Crust Quiche is another gluten-free quiche recipe. It is a healthy, delicious, and comforting dish that combines the creamy texture of quiche with the savory flavor of potato crust.
Quiche Lorraine is one of the best quiche recipes you can ever make. It is easy to prepare and is made with a buttery crust, filled with bacon, cheese and topped with a creamy custard.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
Zucchini Pancakes (Hobakjeon)
Vegetable Zucchini Balls
Baked Stuffed Tomatoes with Bulgur and Feta
Grilled Corn Fritters
Korean Vegetable Pancakes
Quinoa and Broccoli Patties
Eggless Savory Scones
Mushroom Egg Galette
Easy Baked Egg Boats
Shakshuka -Eggs in Tomato Sauce
Scrambled Eggs with Sunflower Seeds
Crustless Zucchini Quiche
- 9 oz (250g) zucchini, about 1 medium zucchini , grated
- 4 oz (120g) onion, about 1 medium onion , chopped
- 7 eggs
- 4 oz (120g) Cheddar cheese , grated
- 1/2 cup (120g) cream
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1g) black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp (1g) dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C).
- Grate the zucchini using the larger holes of the grater. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron 9-inch (23cm) pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the grated zucchini and cook until water has evaporated. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl add eggs, salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. Add fresh parsley and oregano as well. Whisk to combine.
- Add cream and cheese and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the onion-zucchini mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until golden or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve alongside a fresh salad and some crusty bread. Enjoy!