These Mini Tarts with Chicken are an appetizer I make pretty often for various occasions or parties. Every time I make them, they are really appreciated, so I thought I should share the recipe with you.
These mini tarts are nice and small, delicious and full of flavor and makes a perfect appetizer. You can replace chicken with mushrooms, it will be as good in case you want a vegetarian dish.
Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Dip
Filo Mini Quiches
Mini Tarts with Chicken
Crust (pate brisee)
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter, cut into chunks
- 2 cups (250g) flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 chicken breast, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp frozen corn kernels
- 1 tomato, to garnish
- Prepare the crust. Mix flour with salt. Incorporate butter to the flour, using your hands or using a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add the egg and incorporate until the dough is homogeneous. Knead the dough and form a ball from it. Wrap it with plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180 Celsius (356 F). In a large frying pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add chicken breast and cook until the meat has lost its raw color. Stir in paprika, corn kernels and basil, cook for 1 minute. Add salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape and cut small circles to fit the mini tart molds. Press dough into tart molds without stretching it. Punch the bottoms with a fork.
- Fill mini tarts with chicken mixture, garnish with tomato slices and bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Oh my goodness, those look and sounds fantastic !
Great…. fantastic photos!!
These are super cute! I love individual serving items! They sound delicious and so versatile as well! Thanks!
So pretty and the perfect appetizer! Yummy 🙂
These are beautiful!! I would love to serve these to my dinner guests!
What beautiful savory tarts! These are indeed perfect for entertaining. 🙂
It’s so good to see savory tarts. I’m more of a baker, but I do appreciate a really good savory recipe. Your pics are awesome!
I’ve made these 4 times in the last 2 weeks for different gatherings (in double and triple quantities) and people just can’t get enough of them. I also add a little grated cheese (usually parmesan) right before adding the tomato slice. You’d think people would have had enough of them but they keep requesting them again and again. 🙂
That's great, I am glad to hear that. In the same idea you can also try the empanadas, they might love this too:) You can sprinkle some sesame and flex seeds on top, they are delicious. https://www.homecookingadventure.com/mushroom-empanadas-video
gr8 recipe!!!will try it .
Thank you. Let me know when you try it:)
If I have ready made tarts can I just make the filling and fill the tarts.
The filling prepared here is not fully cooked.. but if you completely cook the vegetables and meat on stove top.. then yes.. you can just fill the tarts.
Would these be a bit dry if I made them bigger?
No. You can try.