Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Posted on May 31, 2011
Healthy, spicy flavorful soup, the combination of cabbage with dill and thyme is perfect.
- Makes about 8 servings
- 800-1000 g cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 parsley root, diced
- 1 cup celery root, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tomatoes, puree
- 2 liters vegetable stock or chicken stock or water
- 1 chili pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a stock pot heat oil over medium-low heat. Cook onion, carrots, celery, parsley, red pepper and saute for about 5 minutes. Add paprika, tomato puree and stir.
- Add the vegetable stock and cabbage and bring to boil. Reduce heat, add chili pepper,cover and simmer until vegetables are tender to bite.
- Add dill, thyme salt and pepper if still needed, simmer 2 more minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve with sour cream and freshly baked bread.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:100, Fat:4.0 g, Saturated Fat:0.6 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:15.7 g, Sugar:6.9 g, Fiber:5.2 g, Protein:3.4 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 36, Sodium 74mg, Vitamin A 77%, Calcium 13%, Vitamin C 112%, Iron 14%, Nutrition Grade A, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.