Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Homemade Baked Potato Chips
Very easy recipe for a healthy option to potato chips.
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- garlic, herbs, optional
- 1 or 2 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 230 C (450 F). Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the potatoes in 1/8-inch thick round slices.
- In a pot of boiling water cook the potato slices for 3-5 minute. Drain well and combine with oil, salt, pepper and spices (garlic, oregano, basil, etc) in a large bowl.
- Place potato slices on prepared baking sheet in one layer. Bake for about 15 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Gently remove the chips and place on parchment paper; let dry for few minutes and they are ready to serve.
Nutrition facts Whole Chips - Calories:812, Fat:41.7 g, Saturated Fat:5.5 g, Carbohydrates:102.6 g, Sugar:6.4 g, Fiber:10.9 g, Protein:12.3 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 375, Sodium 194mg, Vitamin A 1%, Calcium 7%, Vitamin C 93%, Iron 26%, Nutrition Grade B, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.