Pumpkin Pie is a traditional dessert for Thanksgiving Day. This Pumpkin Pie with honey has a slightly twist to the classic as it is made with honey instead of sugar to make it a bit healthier.
Even though Pumpkin Pies are made usually for Thanksgiving, there is no reason not to prepare it any other day, as it is absolutely a delightful pumpkin dessert that everybody will love. Serve with a good dollop of whipped cream if desired and some toasted walnuts.
Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Pumpkin Pie with Honey
Pumpkin Pie with Honey - a traditional tasty dessert perfect for Thanksgiving Day but works for any other day as well.
- 2 cups (250 g) flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 (110g) butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 24 oz (700 ml) pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 5 oz (150 g) sour cream
- Homemade fresh pumpkin puree. Cut the pumpkin in half, remove seeds and fibers and place them cut side down on a roasting pan along with 1 cup of water. Bake at 180 C (350 F) for about 1 – 1 1/2 hours until tender. Scoop out the pulp and puree in a food processor until smooth. Cool before using.
- Prepare the crust. Mix flour with sugar. Incorporate butter to the flour, using your hands or using a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add the egg, water and oil and incorporate until the dough is homogeneous. Wrap it with plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and fit the crust to a 10 inch tart pan. Transfer it to freezer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 230° C (450F).
- In the meanwhile, prepare the pumpkin filling. Beat sour cream, honey and ground spices in a food processor until well blended. Add pumpkin puree and beat until creamy and smooth. Start adding the eggs one at a time until each egg is absorbed. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° bake another 40-50 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
Serving: 1gCalories: 290kcalCarbohydrates: 32.4gProtein: 5.6gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8.9gCholesterol: 88mgSugar: 9g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.