Is there anybody in the world who doesn’t love fries? I personally know nobody. I stopped making the fried version many years ago as also any other kind of recipes that ask for deep frying. These crispy oven potato fries are so much healthier and incredible delicious.
If there is an inconvenient of these baked fries it is just the fact that you can not bake too many at once in one baking sheet. But, lately, with our modern ovens, we can add up to 3 baking sheets at once in the oven which makes this much easier.
Crispy Oven Fries
- 3 or4 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- garlic powder- optional
- spring onion for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the potatoes in 1/4 inch thick sticks.
- Soak them in cold water for 15-30 minutes to remove excess starch then dry them using paper towels.
- In a large bowl, mix the potato sticks with the oil and garlic powder if used.
- Spread the sticks on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they are in one single layer and with a little space between them.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning them once or twice. Season with salt and enjoy!