I really love these baked stuffed potatoes with their crunchy exterior, delicious filling and the amazing unique flavor of fresh lovage that makes you want for more. You can replace the chicken with mushrooms and lovage with parsley or celery leaves. There are so many other options for filling potatoes that you can never get bored of this dish.
Roasted Baby Potatoes
Homemade Baked Potato Chips
Baked Stuffed Potatoes
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 big red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 chicken breast, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lovage, chopped
- 80-100 g grated cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F). Scrub potatoes, pierce them with a fork and put them in the oven rack for 30-40 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. In a large frying pan heat oil or butter over medium high heat. Saute the onion with garlic for about 5 minutes until soft. Add red pepper and chicken small pieces and cook until meat has lost it's raw color. Stir in fresh lovage, salt and pepper an remove from heat.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop the interior out of each leaving about 1/4 inch shell of potato flesh and skin. Add the scooped-out potato flesh to filling mixture, and stir.
- Turn the oven to 250°C (480°F). Grease a baking sheet with oil. Fill the potato shells with the filling mixture and place them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes until potatoes turn golden brown.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Oh, these look fabulous!!! I’ve only made twice baked potatoes for a side dish…but I’d love this for an entree!
These look gorgeous and I am happy to have a whole meal in a potato. I tend to be lazy and fling them in the microwave to ‘bake’ but the results from slow oven baking are so much better.
Oh wow, how yummy does that look?? These kind of remind me of my mom’s twice baked potatoes…they look awesome. Thanks for sharing the recipe
The chicken breast in this makes it – now that’s a hearty potato!
This looks amazing! I absolutely love baked potatoes. I’m going to have to give this a try.
I don’t even know what lovage is, but I LOVE baked potatoes and your pics look amazing!
A glass of lemonade or iced tea is all you need with this. Wonderful dish and pictures.
That sounds delcious! I like the idea of adding the chicken…
I love stuffed baked potatoes! Yours look so good, the pictures are good enough to eat!
i think this is the best use of potatoes.