Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Posted on February 9, 2012
Tasty, delicious soup, makes a great meal for cold days. Turnips are ideal for soups as they bring a special flavor.
- Makes about 4-6 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 or 2 turnips, peeled and grated (Kohlrabi-german turnip or turnip works as well)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup celerey root, grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small red chili pepper, optional
- 1 1/2 l vegetable stock or chicken stock or water
- 1 or 2 tbsp rice, washed and drained
- 200 g sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat and cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft. Stir in carrot and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in celery root and red pepper and cook 1 minute.
- Add turnips, vegetable stock or water, chili pepper if used and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice.
- In a large bowl mix sour cream with egg yolk, add 2 ladles of hot soup, stir well and add to the pot. Let boil for 1 minute then add parsley, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Serve with fresh bread or croutons.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:245, Fat:18.7 g, Saturated Fat:7.9 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:16.6 g, Sugar:5.2 g, Fiber:3.0 g, Protein:4.3 g, Cholesterol:74 mg, Calories from Fat 169, Sodium 116 mg,Vitamin A 91%, Calcium 13%, Vitamin C 102%, Iron 8%, Nutrition Grade B+, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.