This Easy Potato Soup is a comforting dish that soothes the soul with every spoonful. It is hearty and flavorful, a satisfying meal perfect for cold winter days. It is made with Italian sausage, a lot of garlic, red pepper and sour cream.
The soup is a bit similar in taste to the well-known Zuppa Toscana. The difference between them is that this soup is made without bacon and cream and uses a mixture of sour cream and egg yolk instead. This potato soup is served with fresh salad topping instead of simmering the soup with kale. I highly recommend trying both recipes and see which one you like best.
This Potato Soup is not just a meal, it’s a comforting embrace, perfect for cozy evenings and warming the heart.
How to make this easy Potato Soup
First, heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat and cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft. Add garlic and sausages and cook for another 5 minutes. Now you can add the red pepper and saute for 1 minute. Add the vegetable stock and chili pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add potatoes and bring to simmer until the potatoes are tender. Mix sour cream with egg yolk, add to the soup and simmer for 1 minute. Serve the soup in warmed bowls and serve it with fresh kale, lettuce or spinach, Parmesan and crusty bread.
I like to add some sour cream to the soup, but you can also use heavy cream, it gives a nice creamy texture.
This soup is one of my family favorites, my daughters are really delighted each time I prepare it for lunch or dinner.
I really hope you will try this amazing Potato Soup. It is easy to make, budget friendly and is perfect for any season. Tag me on Instagram if you do and enjoy as much as we did!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Cauliflower Cream Soup
Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup
Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Fish Fillet Soup
Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
Easy Potato Soup
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 or 5 garlic cloves , chopped
- 3 or 4 spicy Italian sausage , sliced
- 1 small red pepper , diced
- 1 ½ liter vegetable stock
- 1 small red chili pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (1kg) potatoes , peeled and cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 7 oz (200g) sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups sliced kale, spinach or lettuce
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat and cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft. Add garlic and sausages and cook for another 5 minutes. Add red pepper and saute for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock and chili pepper and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes and bring to simmer until tender. Mix sour cream with egg yolk and add to soup and simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour the hot soup into warmed bowls and garnish with kale or lettuce. Serve with homemade bread.