Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that can be cooked in so many ways. It is delicious in various combinations. Either raw in salads or side dishes to hearty soups, cauliflower gratin, or roasted cauliflower, all bring out the best from this vegetable. I am fascinated o the variety of recipes you can make with this beautiful flower-shaped vegetable. Here I share with you an amazing cauliflower Cream Soup recipe. It is a comforting and flavorful dish that is perfect for warming up on cold fall or winter days.
How to make Cauliflower Cream Soup
First, heat oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat, and cook onion for about 5 minutes. Add carrot, celery, and garlic, and saute for another 5 minutes. Add the vegetable soup, cauliflower, and potato and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all vegetables are very tender. Add milk and bring to a boil.
Puree soup with a stick blender or food processor until smooth and strain it through a sieve. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve the hot soup in warmed bowls and garnish with cheese pieces.
The recipe for this cauliflower cream soup is very comforting and flavorful. One of the best ways to cook cauliflower I could say. Serve it with bread croutons and cheese to make it just perfect.
You can always make this soup in advance and reheat it for whenever needed. It also freezes very well and in this way you can save it for later for a quick lunch or dinner.
Hope you will try this comforting Cauliflower Soup. This dish is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables in a delicious and satisfying way. Tag me on Instagram if you do. I would love to see how it turned out for you.
OTHER SOUPS YOU MAY LIKE:
Cauliflower Cream Soup
- 1 head cauliflower- cut into small flowerets
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1/4 cup celery root diced
- 1 potato cut in 1 inch pieces
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 500 ml milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g cheese- cut in 1/2 inch cubes to serve
- Heat oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat, and cook onion for about 5 minutes. Add carrot, celery and garlic and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable soup, cauliflower and potato and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all vegetables are very tender.
- Add milk and bring to boil.
- Puree soup with a stick blender or food processor until smooth and strain it through a sieve. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot soup into warmed bowls and garnish with cheese pieces. Serve with toasted bread or bread croutons.