Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable that can be cooked in so many ways. Whether enjoyed raw in salads, like this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad, or as a side dish like this Cauliflower Gratin, or Roasted Cauliflower, or as a pizza crust like in this Margherita Pizza, this vegetable shines in various combinations. I am fascinated by the variety of recipes you can make with this beautiful flower-shaped vegetable. Here I share with you an amazing Cauliflower Cream Soup recipe. It is a comforting and flavorful dish that is perfect for warming up on chilly fall or winter days.
The recipe for this cauliflower cream soup is easy and quick to prepare, and it is one of the best ways to cook cauliflower. Serve it with bread croutons and cheese or with garlic cheese toast and chili pepper.
You can always make this soup in advance and reheat it whenever needed. It also freezes very well and in this way, you can save it for later for a quick lunch or dinner.
How to make Cauliflower Cream Soup
First, heat oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat, and cook onion for about 5 minutes. Add carrot, celery, and garlic, and sauté for another 5 minutes. Add the vegetable soup, cauliflower, and potato and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all vegetables are very tender. Add milk and bring to a boil.
Puree soup with a stick blender or food processor until smooth and strain it through a sieve. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve the hot soup in warmed bowls and garnish with cheese, chili flakes, red chili pepper and fresh herbs.
Hope you will try this comforting Cauliflower Soup. This dish is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables deliciously and satisfyingly. Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you do. I would love to see how it turns out for you.
OTHER SOUPS YOU MAY LIKE:
Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
Fish Fillet Soup
Lentil Cream Soup
Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup
Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
5 Comforting Winter Soups
Cauliflower Cream Soup
- 1 head cauliflower- cut into small flowerets
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1/4 cup celery root diced, or or 2 sticks celery
- 1 medium potato cut in 1 inch pieces
- 5 cups (1.2 liter) vegetable stock
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- red chili pepper
- red chili flakes
- olive oil
- chives or parsley , chopped
- 1 cheese (like Parmesan or Cheddar)
- Heat oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat, and cook onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add carrot, celery and garlic and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and potato.
- Add the vegetable stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all vegetables are very tender, for about 15 minutes.
- Add milk and bring to boil.
- Puree soup with a stick blender or food processor until smooth and strain it through a sieve.
- Pour the hot soup into warmed bowls and garnish as desired with cheese, chili flakes, red chili pepper, chopped chives or parsley. Serve with cheese toast bread or bread croutons.
How to prepare the cheese bread toast.
- Cut a baguette into slices and place the slices on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle or spray each slice with olive oil. Spread grated cheese on top. Season with garlic powder and dried herbs (oregano, basil or thyme). Bake at 400F (200C) oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.