Why make fried chicken when the baked one looks and tastes soo incredible good? For sure a healthier alternative, the chicken remain moist inside and crispy and crunchy on the outside due to the cornflakes crust. You can add various spices to the cornflakes mixture like garlic or chili powder or various herbs. It’s so easy to prepare it that it would be a shame not to do these baked cornflake crusted chicken strips at home for whenever you are craving some. No more guilt involved 🙂
The best part is that kids love them and this is a good recipe to alternate so they don’t get bored. You can replace chicken with turkey breast if you prefer best.
Dip the cornflake crusted chicken strips in your favorite sauce, I would recommend my Chilli Jam which is a perfect addition to this chicken as it is a bit sweet and spicy, and makes a great combination.
Baked Cornflake Crusted Chicken Strips
- 2 boneless , skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg or 2 smaller ones
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry. Cut the chicken in long strips about 1/2 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs with oil and set aside. Place the flour on a plate and set aside.
- Place the cornflakes into a Ziploc bag, seal it and using o rolling pin or simply your hands crush the cornflakes into small pieces.
- Put the crushed cornflakes into a flat bowl and stir in salt, pepper and parsley.
- Taking one piece at a time coat chicken strips in flour, then dip in egg mixture and finally coat with seasoned cornflakes, pressing flakes with a fork to help them stick better.Transfer each piece into the prepared baking sheet. Discard remaining flour, egg and cornflakes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown and crisp, flipping them on the other side after the first 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping.