Why make fried chicken when the baked one looks and tastes so incredibly good? These Baked Cornflake-Crusted Chicken Strips are moist inside and crispy and crunchy on the outside due to the cornflake crust. Baking makes for sure a healthier alternative and they can be customized to your tastes.
You can add various spices to the cornflakes mixture like garlic or chili powder or various herbs. It’s so easy to prepare it that it would be a shame not to do these baked cornflake-crusted chicken strips at home whenever you are craving some. No more guilt involved 🙂
The best part is that kids love them and this is a good recipe to alternate so they don’t get bored. You can replace chicken with turkey breast if you prefer it more.
Dip the cornflake-crusted chicken strips in your favorite sauce, I would recommend my Chilli Jam which is a perfect addition to this chicken as it is a bit sweet and spicy and makes a great combination.
How to make baked cornflake-crusted chicken strips
Preheat the oven to 400F (200C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Begin by rinsing the chicken under cold water and patting it dry. Then, cut the chicken into long strips, approximately 1/2 inch thick. Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper to taste.
Next, beat the eggs with oil in a bowl and set aside. Place the flour on a plate and set it aside as well.
To prepare the cornflake coating, place the cornflakes into a Ziploc bag, seal it, and crush the cornflakes into small pieces using a rolling pin or your hands. Transfer the crushed cornflakes into a flat bowl and stir in salt, pepper, and parsley to season.
Now, take one chicken strip at a time and coat it first in the flour, then dip it in the egg mixture, and finally coat it with the seasoned cornflakes, pressing the flakes onto the chicken to help them stick better. Transfer each coated chicken strip onto the prepared baking sheet. Discard any remaining flour, egg, and cornflakes.
Bake the chicken strips in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until they are golden brown and crisp, flipping them over halfway through the baking time (after the first 15 minutes).
Once baked to perfection, serve the cornflake-crusted chicken strips with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy this crispy and flavorful dish! Don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram posts or stories, so I can see your amazing results. Enjoy!
For more similar recipes check our full collection for Chicken Recipes.
Baked Cornflake Crusted Chicken Strips
- 2 boneless , skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg or 2 smaller ones
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry. Cut the chicken in long strips about 1/2 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs with oil and set aside. Place the flour on a plate and set aside.
- Place the cornflakes into a Ziploc bag, seal it and using o rolling pin or simply your hands crush the cornflakes into small pieces.
- Put the crushed cornflakes into a flat bowl and stir in salt, pepper and parsley.
- Taking one piece at a time coat chicken strips in flour, then dip in egg mixture and finally coat with seasoned cornflakes, pressing flakes with a fork to help them stick better.Transfer each piece into the prepared baking sheet. Discard remaining flour, egg and cornflakes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown and crisp, flipping them on the other side after the first 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping.