This Mushroom Risotto is that kind of dish that is perfect for those days when you need something quick, flavorful, and easy to prepare that can be served immediately as it’s done.
The most important thing when making risotto is to have every ingredient prepared before starting to cook as the risotto involves constantly stirring.
The risotto requires adding ladlefuls of stock to the uncooked rice, gradually, until all stock is well absorbed. This way the starch is released and results in a creamy comforting dish. For a more intense flavor, you can include the water in which you soaked the porcini mushrooms.
How to make this mushroom risotto
Begin with soaking the porcini mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain them thoroughly and roughly chop. Set aside.
In a saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and garlic until they become soft, which takes about 5 minutes.
Introduce the sliced champignon mushrooms, onto the pan and continue cooking for an additional 4-5 minutes until they also become softened.
Incorporate the rice and sauté for an additional 2 minutes, ensuring constant stirring. Pour in the white wine and let it evaporate while continuing to stir.
Gradually add ladles of vegetable stock, stirring until the liquid is well absorbed. Repeat this process until the rice reaches a creamy and tender consistency.
Now, add the soaked porcini mushrooms, butter, Parmesan, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir the mixture until the butter is completely melted.
To serve, dish out the risotto immediately and top it with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy your flavorful and creamy mushroom risotto.
This Mushroom Risotto is worth all the effort so I hope you will give it a try. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns out for you.
- 1/3 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 or 5 (about 250 g) mushrooms , sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 1/2 cup (about 300 g) arborio rice
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 4 or 5 (about 1.2 liter) hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes and drain well. Chop roughly and set aside.
- In a sauce pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add rice and saute for another 2 minutes stirring constantly. Add the white wine and allow to evaporate while stirring.
- Add a ladle of vegetables stock , stir until the liquid is well absorbed. Continue adding the stock gradually until the liquid is well absorbed and the rice is creamy and tender.
- Add the porcini mushrooms, butter, Parmesan, parsley salt and pepper. Stir until butter is completely melted.
- Serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese on top.