This Marble Bundt Cake is a delightful way of making the classic marble cake and is definitely a family favorite. I have always loved marble cake, ever since childhood, and keep coming back to it with very much pleasure, every now and then. This Marble Bundt Cake consists of moist vanilla and chocolate cake layers swirled in a beautiful pattern that makes it look quite sophisticated and irresistible. It makes a perfect treat alongside a cup of coffee or tea.
How to make Marble Bundt Cake.
The recipe is really easy and quick to prepare. First, you need to grease and dust with flour your bundt pan. Then you can start preparing the vanilla batter. For this bundt cake, I highly recommend using cake flour as it is more delicate. All-purpose flour might be too heavy for this recipe. Mix the flour with salt and baking powder and set aside.
Then you will have to mix together both room temperature butter and oil, sugar, vanilla extract and sour cream for extra moisture. Really love the texture the sour cream and oil bring to this bundt cake. In case you don’t have sour cream, feel free to use the same quantity of buttermilk instead, it will be as good.
Gradually incorporate the flour mixture into the butter mixture and the vanilla batter is ready.
For the chocolate batter, reserve about 2 cups of vanilla batter, and mix it with cocoa powder, more sour cream and milk. It is that easy.
Pour up to half of the vanilla batter into the bundt pan, top with the chocolate batter and cover with the remaining vanilla cake batter. Swirl with a knife and it is ready to bake. As ovens may heat slightly differently, check your cake after the first 40 minutes of baking. A toothpick inserted into the center must come out clean.
Let it cool completely and top it with your favorite icing or simply dust with some powdered sugar and enjoy!
More Delightful Bundt Cakes.
If you like bundt cakes you may also like this summary Blueberry and Lemon Bundt Cake. This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake is an amazing cake perfect for fall. If you are a chocolate lover then this Chocolate Cream Cheese Bundt Cake is for you. If you like Flan cakes you definitely must try this amazing Flan Cake.
As school has started I think this Marble Bundt Cake is a delightful treat for kids and not only. Hope you will try it out and enjoy it as much as we did!
Marble Bundt Cake
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter , room temperature
- 1/2 cup (110g) vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cup (300g) sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream
- 3 cups (375g) cake flour
- 2 ½ tsp (10g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
For the Chocolate Batter
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15ml) milk
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Butter and dust with flour a 9 or 10 inch (23-25cm) bundt pan.
- In a large bowl whisk flour with salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix butter with sugar and vegetable oil until creamy. Incorporate eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract and sour cream and mix to combine.
- With the mixer on low, gradually incorporate flour mixture until all is well incorporated.
- Reserve 2 cups (500g) of vanilla batter. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix cocoa powder with sour cream and milk. Add to the reserved 2 cups of vanilla batter. Mix to incorporate.
- Pour about up to half of the vanilla batter into the prepared pan. Carefully add the chocolate batter. Gently cover with the remaining vanilla batter.
- Use a knife to create swirls.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If browns too fast, you can cover it with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Allow to cool slightly into the pan onto a rack for about 10-15 minutes. Invert and cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving or top with your favorite frosting.