If you like chocolate silky desserts you came to the right place. This Chocolate Cheesecake Flan is an elegant dessert, combining chocolate and caramel in a flan form. Yes, it is possible to make a caramel flan with chocolate. Isn’t it amazing? It is absolutely heavenly, so smooth and creamy, rich in chocolate and caramel flavor. It’s simply irresistible and hard not to love it.
This recipe is quite easy and you don’t need more than 15 or 20 minutes to have it all prepared and placed in the oven. It is necessary though, to make this Chocolate Cheesecake Flan in advance as it needs to be refrigerated, to set before serving. Everybody will be delighted, that’s for sure. Enjoy!
Chocolate Cheesecake Flan
- 5 oz (150g) semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) water
- 8 oz (230g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 5 large eggs , room temperature
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 can (14oz- 397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12oz -350g) evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a small saucepan add sugar and water. Melt over medium heat and cook without stirring until sugar dissolves and gets a caramel color.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over bain-marie. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Remove from heat and pour the hot caramel into the bottom of a 9 inch (23cm) pan. Swirl the pan to spread evenly. Set aside until you prepare the cream cheese mixture.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese until smooth. Incorporate eggs one at a time, vanilla extract, salt, sweetened condensed milk, melted chocolate and evaporated milk. Mix well until combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the caramel into the pan.
- Place the pan in a larger pan, place it on the oven rack and add boiling water halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until set or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes almost clean.
- Remove the pan from water and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or better overnight.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cake to unmold it and invert onto a serving plate.
- If some of the caramel is stuck to the bottom of the pan, place the pan in a tray with hot water to melt the caramel sauce. Pour the sauce over the cake.
- Add chocolate decoration on top if desired ((I’ve made some chocolate leaves) and serve.