Craving for doughnuts? Search no more…this easy recipe makes amazing chocolaty, soft doughnuts in just a few minutes. No yeast, no eggs, no butter required, no special equipment as well. These Easy Baked Chocolate Doughnuts don’t require frying either, baking them makes a healthier option without reducing their quality.
The recipe uses basic ingredients you usually have in your pantry and you can always substitute some of the ingredients in case some is missing. For instance you can substitute buttermilk with yogurt and milk or and use any other glaze you like best. You don’t even need a doughnut cutter or doughnut pan for this recipe. Use simple round cookie cutters and it’s as good. Kids really enjoy this recipe for Easy Baked Chocolate Doughnuts so hope you will try it out. Enjoy!
Baked Doughnuts with Nutella Glaze
No yeast Cinnamon Rolls
Easy Baked Chocolate Doughnuts (no yeast, no eggs, no butter)
- 2 ¼ cups (280g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 3/4 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 cup (240g) buttermilk
- 4 tbsp (56g) oil
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 4 oz (120g) whipping cream
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate
- sprinkles , chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour with cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Add buttermilk, oil and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Knead for a few minutes until smooth.
- Use a slightly greased rolling pin to roll the dough to ½ inch (1 cm) thickness.
- Use a doughnut cutter or 3 inch (7.5 cm) round cookie cutter to cut the doughnuts and an 1 1/4 inch (3 cm) round cutter for the inner circle.
- Re-roll the rest of the dough and cut into doughnuts until no dough is left.
- Place the doughnuts about 2 inches (5cm) apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the doughnuts for 9-10 minutes. Make sure you don’t overbake the doughnuts.
- While they cool slightly prepare the chocolate glaze.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan. When the cream just begins to boil at the edges, remove from heat and pour over the chocolate. Let sit one minute, then stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Dip the doughnuts halfway into the glaze and top with sprinkles. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
once we put the doughnuts for baking how do we check it to know when its done and isnt over baked or underbaked?