Cheesecake is the kind of dessert that everybody enjoys and is great for any occasion. This baked chocolate cheesecake is a rich and decadent dessert that combines the creamy texture of cheesecake with the intense flavor of chocolate.
To make this cheesecake, first prepare the crust using whole Oreo cookies and melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of a springform pan to create a crunchy crust. The filling consists of a mixture of cream cheese, sugar, eggs, chocolate, sour cream and cocoa powder. Bake the cheesecake at a low temperature to ensure a smooth and creamy texture. Once the cheesecake is baked, allow it to cool to room temperature before refrigerating for several hours or overnight.
The final touch is an amazing spiral of chocolate frosting and chocolate curls decoration. These are adding an extra layer of richness to the already indulgent dessert. Whether enjoyed on its own or paired with fresh fruit, this chocolate cheesecake is a dessert that is sure to impress.
Any chocolate lover will love this for sure. The best thing is that you can make this cheesecake in advance and keep it refrigerated or even frozen.
Hope you will try this cheesecake, tag me on Instagram if you try it out and enjoy as much as we did!
- 7 oz (200g) oreo cookies
- 4 tbsp (60g) butter , melted
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 pound (500g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream , room temperature
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate , melted
- 3 eggs , room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (8g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate , cut in small pieces
- 1/3 cup (80g) whipping cream , hot
- 1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream , chilled
- Chocolate curls , optional
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Prepare the crust. Place the Oreo cookies into the bowl of a food processor and crush until crumbs form. Add melted butter and process until evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300F (150C).
- Prepare the chocolate cream cheese filling. In a large bowl mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, cocoa and salt and mix until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time until each egg is incorporated. Add sour cream and melted chocolate. Mix until well combined. Try to not overmix the batter to incorporate as little air as possible.
- Pour the chocolate cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave it another hour in the oven.
- Remove and run a sharp knife around the inside edge of the pan. Let it cool completely at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare the chocolate frosting. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and pour hot cream over it. Let sit for 1 minute then stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- In another bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form. Mix in the melted chocolate.
- Place the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a 9 mm plain tip.
- Pipe the frosting in a spiral over the cheesecake and refrigerate for another 30 minutes to set,
- Decorate with chocolate curls or as desired and serve.