I simply fell in love with this Chocolate Basque Burnt Cheesecake. It is a dessert that I simply couldn’t miss. It is so silky, smooth, rich and chocolatey, that there is no way not to fall in love with it from the first bite.
I have already posted the Basque Burnt Cheesecake, a dessert inspired by La Vina from San Sebastian, Spain. Really love the simplicity of this cheesecake. You don’t need more than 15 minutes to have it ready and placed in the oven. It looks very rustic and comforting, definitely a dessert that will win the heart of all.
As I really loved this rustic way of making a cheesecake, I simply had to make the chocolate version as well. And I am so glad I did. It is absolutely delightful and very rewarding.
How to make Chocolate Basque Burnt Cheesecake.
The steps for preparing this cheesecake are really easy and quick. First, make sure to line your baking pan with 2 sheets of parchment paper. Don’t even bother to cut the edges of the parchment paper sheets, just line the pan on the bottom and sides of the pan.
Now you can melt the chocolate with cream over bain-marie and let cool slightly. In a large bowl mix the cream cheese with sugar and salt. Incorporate eggs one at a time, make sure not to overmix though and then add melted chocolate and vanilla. Incorporate flour and cocoa powder and that’s it, the chocolate cheesecake batter is done.
Pour the cream cheese mixture into the prepared pan and bake until darkens but still jiggly in the center. Refrigerate before serving for at least 4 hours or overnight.
The recipe is really quick, no crust needed and makes one of the best chocolate desserts ever.
If you like chocolate cheesecake recipes you may also like this Baked Chocolate Cheesecake or this fluffy and airy Chocolate Japanese Cheesecake. For a berry chocolate cheesecake I highly recommend trying this Brownie Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake.
Hope you will give this Chocolate Basque Burnt Cheesecake a try and enjoy it as much as we did. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns out for you.
Chocolate Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- 6 oz (180g) semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup (240ml) whipping cream
- 25 oz (700g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 3/4 tsp (4g) salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (20g) flour
- 1 tbsp (10g) cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Grease with butter an 8-inch (20cm) springform pan. Line the pan with 2 sheets of parchment paper, in such a way as to make sure it comes about 2 inches (5m) above the pan. The sheets are lined in a pretty rustic way, creased in some places.
- Place chocolate and whipping cream into a heat-proof bowl and melt over a bain-marie. Let it cool slightly.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese with sugar and salt until well combined. With a mixer on medium speed, incorporate eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and melted chocolate with cream and mix to incorporate.
- With a mixer on low, incorporate flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until deep brown but still jiggly in the center. If it burns too fast while baking, cover with aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake right away for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- It is best to be served at room temperature. Refrigerate the leftovers, and bring to room temperature before serving.