The idea of making chocolate macarons with salted caramel filling came from the theme of this month of Chocolate Party hosted by Roxana from Roxana’s Home Baking, which is chocolate and caramel.
I didn’t expect for the macarons to turn that good. The salted caramel blended so well with the chocolate macarons, reduced a lot from the sweetness of the macarons and for me that makes them the best so far.
Using salt crystals instead of regular salt bring a variation in taste and flavor as the crystals don’t melt entirely.
Definitely worth all the effort:)
Chocolate Macarons with Salted Caramel Filling
I didn't expect for these chocolate macarons with salted caramel filling to turn that good. The salted caramel blends so well with the chocolate macarons.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered almonds
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large egg whites , at room temperature
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp (70 g) unsalted butter , cold
- 1/4 cup minus 1 tbsp (50g) cream
- 1/2 tsp salt crystals
- The directions for the macarons are the same as in the recipe of the Chocolate Macarons I have made.
- Prepare the salted caramel. Heat the cream until it just begins to boil and set aside.Place the sugar in a medium heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook without stirring until sugar dissolves and gets a caramel color. Remove the pan from the heat and add the hot cream. It will bubble a little bit. Cook for about 1 minute stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Remove from heat, and add butter and salt. Stir well until smooth. Pour into a bowl, cover and refrigerate to chill.
- Spread a bit of salted caramel on the inside of the macarons then sandwich them together.
- Let them stand at least one day before serving, to meld the flavors.
Serving: 1gCalories: 111kcalCarbohydrates: 16.3gProtein: 1.3gFat: 5.2gSaturated Fat: 2.4gCholesterol: 10mgSugar: 15.1g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
These macarons look better than any that I’ve ever seen!
Oh these little macarons look so yummy with that caramel filling!
Your macarons look absolutely perfect and chocolate and salted caramel has to be the best combination!
These may be my favorite macarons EVER!!! Caramel filling??? A must try!!!
Perfect and ever so tempting! Your macarons look divine.
Beautiful macarons, chocolate and salted caramel are wonderful combination.
The photos of your macaroons are so tempting…they sound wonderful.
Your macarons have beautiful feet. I love salted caramel filling and so jealous you get to make these at home and can eat as much as you can… (I “buy” so maximum is usually one for each kind…). LOVE these macarons!!!
hey, they look delicious. Can you tell me a replacement for eggs, as i am a pure vegetarian,
I have never tried eggless macarons but seen some macarons made with liquid from canned chickpeas.. sounds weird but seems to work.
I would love to see a video of how to make macarons as I never seam to get them right!!
Can you make a video???
Yes… macarons are on my list for videos.. will decide soon with which method to start.. the italian or french one
May I ask if the salted caramel can be frozen? Thank you
Yes…should be ok.
Macaroons were amazing, caramel filling was a miss. I followed the directions and even used less heat. It tasted burnt.
Absolutely irresistible are these salted caramel macarons. Thanks for the recipe <3