The Chocolate Pudding Cake is a true masterpiece that separates into a delectable chocolate cake on top and a thick chocolate sauce at the bottom. The texture is so unique and simply irresistible. Not only is it a breeze to make, but it is also full of flavor making it a double treat in one.
The moistness of this cake is simply out of this world and will leave your taste buds begging for more. It is the perfect dessert to whip up when you’re short on time and need a quick fix for your sweet tooth. Additionally, this dessert is so easy to make that you won’t even need an electric mixer, all you’ll need is a whisk and a few simple ingredients.
As you’re preparing the batter, you’ll notice how quickly it comes together. In less than a minute, you’ll have a perfect mixture that’s ready for baking. Once you’ve added the mixture of sugar and cocoa on top of the batter, cover the batter with hot water, and voila! Your dessert is ready to be baked.
One of the great things about this Chocolate Pudding Cake is how versatile it is. You can serve it on its own, or pair it with some fresh berries and a scoop of your favorite ice cream to elevate it to another level of deliciousness. The thick and velvety chocolate sauce that forms at the bottom of the cake is simply divine, and it adds an extra layer of flavor and indulgence to the cake.
How to make chocolate pudding cake
To get started, preheat your oven to 350F (180C) and grease a 2 quart (2l) casserole dish or 8-9 inch (20-23cm) square pan with butter. In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, instant coffee powder, and baking powder. Then, add in milk, melted butter or vegetable oil, and vanilla extract, whisking the ingredients together until they’re well combined.
Next, pour the batter into your prepared baking dish. In a separate small bowl, whisk together both sugars with cocoa powder. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the batter, then pour hot water over the top – but be sure not to stir!
Pop your Chocolate Pudding Cake into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is set. Once it’s done, let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.
To serve, spoon the cake into serving dishes and drizzle with the pudding sauce from the bottom of the pan. For an extra special treat, add a scoop of your favorite ice cream and some fresh raspberries. Then, sit back and enjoy the deliciousness of your homemade Chocolate Pudding Cake!
If you’re looking for a dessert that’s easy to make, quick to prepare and tastes amazing, then this Chocolate Pudding Cake is definitely worth trying. So, what are you waiting for? Whip up a batch and treat yourself to this delectable dessert. You won’t regret it! If you do, make sure to tag me on Instagram. Would love to see how this turns out for you. Enjoy!
Other similar recipes you may like to try
There are moments when you feel like you need something sweet and delicious but don’t have the energy or time to make a special dessert. This Creamy Chocolate Pudding is a great solution in times like this. It is so easy to prepare. Nobody will know how less time is involved in creating this wonderful chocolaty dessert. This Chocolate Panna Cotta is a classic Italian eggless dessert that has gained popularity worldwide. It is a simple yet elegant dessert that is loved by many. It is a smooth, silky, creamy dessert that is perfect for any occasion. This Moelleux au Chocolat (Chocolate Lava Cake) is one of the best chocolate desserts you can ever make. It is smooth, delicate, and delicious with its’ crusty top while the inside is still runny, making it totally irresistible.
Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 3/4 cup (90g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1g) instant coffee
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 3 tbsp (42g) vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (70g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cup (300ml) very hot water
- ice cream or whipped cream
- fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease with butter a 2 quart (2l) casserole dish or simply a 8-9 inch (20-23cm) square pan.
- In a bowl sift together flour with sugar, cocoa powder, salt, instant coffee powder and baking powder.
- Add milk, melted butter or vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl whisk together both sugars with cocoa powder. Sprinkle mixture on top of the batter.
- Pour the hot water on top and do not stir.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is set.
- Let it cool for 15 mins before serving.
- Spoon on serving dishes, drizzle with pudding sauce from the bottom of the pan, serve with ice cream and fresh raspberries. Enjoy!