This Chocolate Pudding Cake is one of the easiest chocolaty cakes you can ever prepare. While baking, this cake separates into a chocolate cake at the top and a thick chocolate sauce at the bottom. It is very moist and full of flavor, a perfect treat for whenever you need a quick decadent dessert.
This dessert is very easy to prepare, there is no need for an electric mixer, all you need is a whisk. The cake batter comes together in a minute. A mix of sugar and cocoa is then sprinkled on top of the batter and everything is covered with hot water. It is that easy. We really love this chocolate dessert, especially served with berries and ice cream that is drizzled with the thick chocolate sauce. Let me know if you try this Chocolate Pudding Cake. Enjoy!
Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 3/4 cup (90g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1g) instant coffee
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 3 tbsp (42g) vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (70g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cup (300ml) very hot water
- ice cream or whipped cream
- fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease with butter a 2 quart (2l) casserole dish or simply a 8-9 inch (20-23cm) square pan.
- In a bowl sift together flour with sugar, cocoa powder, salt, instant coffee powder and baking powder.
- Add milk, melted butter or vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl whisk together both sugars with cocoa powder. Sprinkle mixture on top of the batter.
- Pour the hot water on top and do not stir.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is set.
- Let it cool for 15 mins before serving.
- Spoon on serving dishes, drizzle with pudding sauce from the bottom of the pan, serve with ice cream and fresh raspberries. Enjoy!