For me, nothing gets me more in the Christmas spirit than the smell of oranges. These Cranberry and Orange cookies are packed with lots of orange flavors which makes them such a special treat for holidays. Chocolate couldn’t miss either, as chocolate is one of my favorite ingredients and must be present for any occasion.
These cookies are very flavorful, soft, and chewy and have an amazing texture, a true delight for your friends or family.
If you are in search of holiday chocolate cookies you may also like these Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies. They are so easy to prepare and you can enjoy red velvet cake flavor in no time. These Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are the right treat for you, not only during the holiday season but all year round. Also, these Candy Cane Double Chocolate Cookies look very festive and have an amazing flavor. If you are searching for an easy Christmas cookie recipe that looks really impressive these Marbled Icing Sugar Cookies might be a great choice too.
Hope you will give these Cranberry Orange Cookies a try, tag me on Instagram if you do, and enjoy!
Cranberry Orange Cookies
Makes about 30 cookies
- 2 cups (250g) flour
- 1 tsp (6g) baking soda
- 2 tsp (6g) cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter , soften
- 2/3 cup (135g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 egg
- Orange zest from 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp (30ml) orange juice
- 1 cup (135g) dried cranberries
- 3.5 oz (100g) white chocolate chips/chunks
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter with both sugars until creamy, light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix to combine. Incorporate orange zest and orange juice and then incorporate flour mixture.
- Add the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use an ice cream scoop to take equal portions of dough and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, keeping 2 inches (5cm) space between cookies.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Cool on baking sheets for 5-10 minutes. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.