It’s always good to find new ways for cooking seasonal vegetables especially when you have kids. This way of preparing zucchini fritters, can be a great healthy way for making kids enjoy vegetables during the summer. The recipe is very easy and takes only few minutes to prepare.
The most important part in this recipe is to squeeze as much liquid as possible from the grated zucchini otherwise the fritters won’t get as crispy and delightful.
Zucchini fritters taste very good, the parsley and dill bring such a nice summery flavor. I also loved the Parmesan cheese inside, makes a great combination with zucchini. They are best served warm alongside some garlic sour cream and can make a great lunch or appetizer. You can also use these fritters for making vegetarian burgers alongside fresh vegetables and crusty buns. They are really delicious.
Zucchini Pancakes (Hobakjeon)
Recipe slightly adapted after DamnDelicious
- 1 ½ pounds (700g) about 2 medium zucchini , grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (25g) grated Parmesan
- 3 green onions , finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) fresh parsley and dill , chopped
- 1/4 cup (35g) all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg , beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place the zucchini in a sieve,colander over a bowl or use a salad spinner, add salt and set aside for 10 minutes to release the liquid. Press down with a spoon, or spin it, to release more of the liquid. Even better, you can transfer the grated zucchini into a kitchen towel or cheesecloth, wrap it and squeeze out the remaining liquid. This is an important step as of it depends how crispy the fritters will be.
- Place the squeezed zucchini into a bowl, add Parmesan cheese, green onions, garlic, parsley and dill, egg, flour, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Heat oil in an nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop spoonfuls of batter into the skillet and flatten with the back of the spoon or spatula. Cook each fritter for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the bottom is golden and crispy; flip and cook for 3 more minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Serve hot with garlic sour cream. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I love zucchini and need to make these! Love how easy they are! Pinning!
I love fritters! I will have to try these, they look so lovely! And such an easy way to eat more veggies!
what can I substitute the flour with, something gluten free? will almond flour work too?
Yes.. almond flour or rice flour should work ok.
I usually make zucchini fritters at least once in the summer—and now I have a craving! I’ll try adding dill and garlic to my next batch. I know they’ll be wonderful!!
Ella, I’ve never made zucchini fritters, but I’ve always wanted to. Yours are making me hungry and reminds me that I need to try them!
I LOVE fritters! Yours look so delicious and your photos are so pretty!
I love zucchini fritters! These look exceptional! Gorgeous photos as always!
I made them today and they turned out really well 🙂 thank you soo much for posting such healthy and good recipes.. they looked exactly like yours . Wish I could post the pic and could show u:) cheers !!!
I am so glad they turned great for you too:) You can always send me photos via Facebook or tag me on Instagram Cheers 🙂
I’m paradise I’m 25 and from the beginning of my university i’ve started to use your recipies . i love all .my friends too.
now I’m a little pharmacist ^__^
Thank you so much for giving me confidence to cooking .
zucchini fritters was my first cooking<3
love you .
hope you,re well.