I’ve been making this Cranberry Pistachio Fudge for years, usually for Christmas and New Years Eve and every time I make it, everybody is super excited and it is usually devoured in a matter of minutes. Once you try it out you can hardly stop at only one piece as it is simply irresistible and quite addictive.
This recipe of fudge that uses powdered milk is by far one of my favorite fudge recipes, as you can have better control on the sugar and the results are always amazing. I hardly recommend trying this chocolate fudge along with this white cranberry pistachio fudge as both are simply out of this world.
You can always make variations to these fudge recipes to suit your own tastes by adding various fruits or nuts, citrus zest, various spices, coffee, and the list can go on. Hope you will try this cranberry pistachio fudge as I am sure you will be as delighted as we are. Enjoy!
Cranberry Pistachio Fudge without Sweetened Condensed Milk
Suitable for a 8-9 inch (20-23cm) pan
- 4 cups (500g) powdered milk
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 1/2 (300g) sugar
- 7 fl (200ml) water
- 1 cup (230g) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (80g) raw pistachios divided
- 2/3 cup (80g) dried cranberries divided
- Preheat the oven to 300F (150C). Place the raw pistachios onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and toast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Chop roughly the toasted pistachios and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the powdered milk with salt.
- In a medium saucepan bring water and sugar to a boil. Let it simmer over low heat for 10 minutes then add butter. Stir until butter is melted and then remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Pour the syrup over the powdered milk mixture and mix until well blended.
- Fold in ½ cup (60g) of toasted pistachios and ½ cup (60g) dried cranberries.
- Pour the mixture into a 8-9 inch (20-23cm) square pan, greased with butter.
- Sprinkle remaining pistachios and cranberries on top.
- Let it cool completely at room temperature.
- Cut into small squares and serve.