This Cranberry White Chocolate Meringue Roll is a delicate and festive dessert perfect for celebrating the winter holidays. Consisting of a light and airy meringue, filled with a white chocolate filling and freshly made cranberry and orange jam, this roll is extremely delightful and flavorful. The tart jam is balancing in such a great way the sweetness of the meringue and white chocolate, that you can hardly stop at one slice.
The recipe is easy, using basic ingredients, leaving you enough room to adapt it according to your taste. If you don’t have cranberries feel free to use any other berries you have on hand. If you don’t like the orange flavor feel free to leave it out. You can leave the meringue roll simply dusted with some powdered sugar or decorate it to look more festive. What is sure is that this dessert will surely impress and delight your family and guests. Hope you will enjoy this Cranberry White Chocolate Meringue Roll and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you try it out.
For more cranberry desserts you may also like this White Chocolate Cranberry Orange Layer Cake , or this Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake. If you want to try some cranberry cookies you must try these Cranberry Orange Cookies. This Cranberry Pistachio Fudge is also a must-try recipe that everybody will love.
Chocolate Coconut Buche De Noel
Berry Meringue Roll
Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Roll
Cranberry White Chocolate Meringue Roll
Makes about 8 servings
Cranberry Orange Jam
- 9 oz (250g) cranberries , fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) orange juice
- Zest from an orange
- 4 egg whites (about 130g) , room temperature
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tsp (4g) cornflour
- 1 tsp (5ml) vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (30g) sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar for dusting
White Chocolate Filling
- 5.5 oz (150g) white chocolate
- 3 tbsp (45g) whipping cream
- 3/4 cup (180g) whipping cream , chilled
- Whipped cream
- White chocolate curls
- Gold edible powder
- Fresh rosemary
- First prepare cranberry orange jam so it has time to cool down. Place cranberries, suga and orange juice into a saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickens. Add orange zest, stir to combine and remove from heat. Set aside to cool until ready to use.
- Prepare the meringue. Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Grease and line a 9×13 (23x33cm) pan with parchment paper. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl add whites and salt and start whipping until foamy. Add vinegar, vanilla extract and cornstarch.
- Gradually add sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form for about 5 minutes more.
- Spread meringue evenly into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle almond slices on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 320 (160C) and bake for about 15 minutes more until slightly brown.
- Let cool slightly on the pan for 5 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Flip onto parchment paper. Remove lining parchment.
- Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare white chocolate filling. Melt chocolate and the 3 tablespoons of cream over bain marie. Let cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold melted chocolate into the whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread the cranberry jam over the meringue. Spread white chocolate filling on top. Leave about a ½ inch (1cm) border around the edge of the meringue.
- Gently roll the meringue into a log.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.
- Before serving dust the roll with powdered sugar.
- Pipe some whipped cream on top. You can decorate with white chocolate curls, fresh rosemary and dust with gold edible powder if desired. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Thank you for this wonderful recipe. It was both lovely and delicious. It was a real hit at our small family gathering. My 95-year old mother declared it the best Christmas dessert she had ever had. That covers a lot of Christmases! The three components – cranberry jam, white chocolate filling and meringue cake roll – were such a perfect combination. It was relatively easy to make as well (thought no children to distract the cook in this household on Christmas morning.)
So glad to hear that Ruth:) I agree with your mother 🙂 we really loved this meringue roll as much as you did.
Cranberry White Chocolate Meringue Roll
Just finished this. I probably would not have tried this without your videos and recipe description. They helped me take it in steps which made the process less overwhelming and I could make parts and save them to breakup the process. The cranberry jam was basically the leftover cranberry sauce I made for Thanksgiving which happened to be in the freezer.
So glad you enjoyed making this Meringue Roll. Made it twice for friends gatherings this winter and everybody loved it too.
I was wondering if you could put lime juice instead of lemon or vinegar?
When you say cornflour do you mean the one that is used to mare polenta or cornstarch ?
I mean cornstarch. Hope you will try it out 🙂
My mom made this recipe for Christmas, along with a salted caramel cake and a gingerbread tiramisu. It was her favorite of the three, and she was sad when it was gone! She followed the recipe exactly, and the only surprise was the that the meringue ROSE in the oven. She gently smushed it back down again after it finished baking, but while it was still warm, and it didn’t crack.
sooo delicious. Thank you for the great recipes!!!!
Can I make it ahead? e.g make it Friday and use it on Sunday? I am having 25 people for Christmas lunch and lots of cooking.
Thank you so much
Yes.. you can consider making it in advance.. Saturday would have been better but Friday should work as well.