This Date Hazelnut Chocolate Spread is a healthy flavorful hazelnut spread made without refined sugar, using dates instead. It is a delicious way to enjoy life’s sweet moments without any of the unnecessary and unhealthy ingredients.
Our spread gets its sweetness from natural date paste, bringing a yummy caramel-like taste without the need for refined sugar. Dates are not just sweet, they’re packed with good stuff like fiber, potassium, and antioxidants. Mix in some top-quality hazelnuts, some good quality cocoa powder and you’ve got a spread that’s both nutty and chocolaty.
Say goodbye to artificial additives and excess sugar, our spread is all about keeping it simple and good for you. Spread it on whole-grain toast, mix it into yogurt, or enjoy it straight from the spoon. Each bite is a tasty way to treat yourself without guilt.
How to make date chocolate hazelnut spread
Begin by preparing the sweet date paste. Combine dates and boiling water in a food processor, blending until a smooth paste forms. Set it aside for later.
Next, preheat your oven to 300F (150C). Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast them for 15 minutes. Allow them to cool, then gently rub them between your hands to remove the skin.
Transfer these toasted hazelnuts to a food processor and grind them for about 10 minutes until a thick paste is achieved. Now, add in the date paste, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt. Keep processing until the mixture turns velvety smooth.
Pour in the milk and mix until everything is well combined. If you prefer a thinner consistency, slowly add more milk until you reach your desired thickness.
Now, it’s ready to be served immediately, or pop it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy this delightful treat. Hope you will try this delightful Date Hazelnut Chocolate Spread. If you do make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how they turn out for you.
Other refined-sugar free recipes you may like to try
These Healthy No-Bake Brownies are gluten-free treats that are not only healthy but turned fudgy, gooey, chocolaty, and nutty, hard not to fall in love with them from the first bite.
These Refined Sugar-Free Date Cocoa Brownies are not only healthier but incredibly delicious too, as they are fudgy, moist, chocolaty and full of flavor.
This Refined Sugar-Free Carrot Cake is an alternative to the classic carrot cake but without refined sugar using dates and honey instead.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Banana Sugar-Free Oatmeal Pancakes
Apple Sugar-Free Oatmeal Bread
Refined Sugar-Free Muffins
Low-Fat Refined Sugar-Free Cheesecake
Easy Refined Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake
Healthy Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Baked Oats – Healthy Breakfast
Whole Wheat Carrot Biscuits
Raw Vegan Zebra Cake
Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Breakfast Cookies
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
Raw Vegan Neapolitan Cake
Top 10 Refined Sugar Free Desserts
Date Hazelnut Chocolate Spread – Healthy Date Nutella
- 4 oz (120g) dates
- 1/4 cup (60ml) hot water
For the Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 7 oz (200g) hazelnuts , toasted
- 3 tbsp (45g) coconut oil , melted
- 3 tsp (10g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- Date paste
- Preheat the oven to 300F (150C).
- Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and let them toast for 15 minutes.
- Let them cool. Rub them between your hands to remove the skin.
Prepare the date paste.
- Add dates and boiling water to a food processor.
- Process until it turns into a paste. Set aside.
Prepare the date chocolate hazelnut spread
- Transfer the hazelnuts to a food processor.
- Grind until they get into a thick paste, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil, date paste, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt.
- Continue processing until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the milk and mix to combine.
- If you like it more runny consider adding gradually more milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!