I wanted to share with you this Easy Homemade Bread as it is really quick and the results are really satisfying. A perfect crusty bread, with a soft crumb, a true delight for bread lovers. This bread is made with only a few basic ingredients, a bread I recommend for beginners and not only.
The recipe is really easy to follow, there’s nothing fancy, no need for special utensils or bread loaf pans, you simply need a bowl and a baking sheet , and 4 basic ingredients. Though we are supposed to wait until the bread cools completely I can never hold myself and I always love to rip a piece of warm bread right after I take it out of the oven. The smell of this easy homemade bread is out of this world. Hope you will love this recipe as much as we did. Enjoy!
Caramelized Onion Bread
No-Knead Cheese Bread
Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- 4 cups (500g) bread flour
- 1 envelope (7g) active dry yeast (or 25g fresh yeast)
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1 1/3 cup (320ml) lukewarm water
- In a large bowl, mix flour with salt and yeast. Add water, mix everything together and start kneading until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Transfer the dough to a clean oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit for about 1 hour to rise at room temperature (warm space), until doubled in size.
- Dust some flour and cornmeal on the working surface. Transfer dough to the floured surface. Divide the dough into 2 pieces and give 2-3 twists to each piece of dough. Put them into a parchment paper lined baking tray. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rest for another 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 470°F (240°C).
- Place a small pot with hot water at the base of the oven to create steam.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes with steam.
- Remove the pot with water from the oven, reduce oven temperature to 440°F (230°C) and bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack. Let the bread cool completely before cutting.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
My oven won’t go beyond 450. Can I still make this bread?
Can this be made in a bread machine?