These Christmas Butter Swirl Cookies are a delightful buttery treat perfect for the holiday season. These cookies offer a delicious melt-in-your-mouth experience, combining the creaminess of butter with the richness of chocolate and the classic goodness of vanilla.
What makes these cookies special is their cool twist. Each cookie swirls together white and chocolate dough, forming a pretty spiral. The flavors and the fun spiral make these cookies a hit for any holiday gathering.
You can get creative and switch up the flavors and colors to suit your taste and style. You can also play around with three colors for the swirl cookies instead of sticking to just two.
They’re not just delicious, they’re a tasty and pretty way to make your holidays even sweeter. They can also make a great gift idea and everybody will be impressed by their look and taste.
How to make butter swirl cookies
Begin with blending creamy butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl for 3-5 minutes until it’s nice and smooth. Then, toss in egg yolks, a pinch of salt, and your favorite extract – be it vanilla, almond, peppermint, or rum. Mix it up until everything is combined.
Now, split the buttery mix into two equal parts. For the white dough, stir in flour with a spatula or wooden spoon. For the chocolate dough, mix in flour and cocoa powder. Get your hands working by rolling ¼ teaspoons of white dough and chocolate dough into tiny balls.
Here’s where the magic begins. Take three balls of each color, alternate the balls to form a cute flower shape. Gently press them together without squishing too hard. Now, roll the flower shape between your palms, letting the colors dance together in a swirl – no need to be forceful!
After you achieve the perfect swirl, press a bit to flatten, then place the cookies on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Give them a cool-down in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
While the cookies chill preheat the oven to 325F (160C) and bake these beauties for 13-15 minutes until they’re golden at the edges. Let them cool, and voila, your delightful Christmas Butter Swirl Cookies are ready to spread joy!
Hope you will try these amazing cookies for the holiday gatherings. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how they turn out for you.
Other cookies you my like to try
These festive Christmas Swirl Cookies feature a magical blend of flavors and a visually stunning swirl that adds a touch of seasonal charm. Perfect for sharing with loved ones or gifting, these cookies are a delightful addition to your Christmas festivities.
If you are searching for some easy Christmas cookie recipe but with an impressive look these Marbled Icing Sugar Cookies might be a great choice.
Savor the magic of the holidays with our delicious Gingerbread Cookies, soft, spiced, and perfect for festive moments.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
Gingerbread Cookie Sandwiches
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Double Chocolate Rum Cookies
Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Coconut White Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies
10 Christmas Cookies
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Cranberry Orange Cookies
Chocolate Stuffed Snowball Cookies
Candy Cane Double Chocolate Cookies
Vanilla Chocolate Swirl Cookies
Raspberry Macarons – Italian Meringue
Butter Cookies (Pastisetas)
Strawberry Cardamom Linzer Cookies
Christmas Butter Swirl Cookies
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
For the White Dough
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
For the Chocolate Dough
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar for about 3-5 minutes until creamy. Add egg yolks, salt and vanilla extract or choose any flavor extract you prefer (almond, peppermint, rum) and mix until well combined.
- Divide the butter mixture into two equal parts.
- For the white dough, incorporate flour using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- For the chocolate dough, incorporate flour and cocoa powder using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Take about ¼ teaspoons of white dough and roll them into small balls.
- Repeat with the chocolate dough.
- Take 3 balls of each color, alternate the colors and form them into a flower shape.
- Press them slightly to close the gap in the middle.
- Very gently, start rolling the flower shape between your palms until they swirl together. Avoid applying pressure during the rolling process.
- Once you get the desired swirl effect press slightly to flatten.
- Transfer the cookies onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes before baking.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325F (160C).
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes until golden at the edges.
- Let them cool slightly and transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.