At the beginning of the year, I participated in a culinary class that had Plating as a theme. I enjoyed the class and learned some new things. One of the discoveries was a lemon sauce we did there that we used on most of our platings.
It is an easy recipe for one of the most flavorful sauces, made from lemon peels which enhance the lemon flavor. Therefore it is the perfect sauce for fish recipes but complements really well any other meat or vegetable dishes and even desserts.
You can also use it as an ingredient in various dessert recipes like cheesecake for instance. I did that and the cheesecake had an incredibly fresh, citrus flavor. Once you try this Lemon Sauce you will never want it to miss from your table.
Recipe adapted after AdiHadean
Baked Honey Sesame Chicken
Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 5 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of salt
- pinch of sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Wash the lemons well and peel them. We only need the yellow peel without the white part.
- In a small sauce pan bring water to a boil. Only when the water is boiling add lemon peels and let them boil for 2 minutes. Drain and repeat this step for 5 or 6 times. It is important to repeat this step as it reduces the bitterness and removes the wax found on the lemon peels.
- Place the lemon peels in the bowl of the blender. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, sugar and water.
- Process for a couple of minutes until well blended and smooth.
- Sieve, cover and refrigerate. Store covered in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
What a wonderful sauce. I’d never think to make this but it sounds terrific.
This sauce sounds so easy and refreshing! Hopefully you’ll share some of what you learned about plating with us!
What a lovely sauce! It would be magnificent with so many dishes…both sweet and savory 🙂
Oh wow! I bet those lemon peels give the sauce a really intense lemon flavor. It looks so rich and creamy!
As a citrus fruit fan, this lemon sauce makes me drool… sounds so good. I love lemon! <3
Can you pleaseee make a mushroom sauce recipe.
I will try, thank you.
This would last heaps longer than 4 days in a refrigerator.
There’s nothing in it to go off. Might need a stir with a fork,- that’s all.