At the beginning of the year I participated to a culinary class that had Plating as theme. I really enjoyed the class and learned some new things. One of the discoveries was a lemon sauce we did there that we used on most of our platings.
It is an easy recipe for one of the most flavorful sauce, made from lemon peels which enhance the lemon flavor. Therefore it is the perfect sauce for fish recipes but complements really well any other meat or vegetable dishes and even desserts.
You can also use it as an ingredient in various dessert recipes like cheesecake for instance. I did that and the cheesecake had an incredible fresh, citrus flavor. Once you try it you will never want it to miss from your table.
Recipe adapted after AdiHadean
- 5 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of salt
- pinch of sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Wash the lemons well and peel them. We only need the yellow peel without the white part.
- In a small sauce pan bring water to a boil. Only when the water is boiling add lemon peels and let them boil for 2 minutes. Drain and repeat this step for 5 or 6 times. It is important to repeat this step as it reduces the bitterness and removes the wax found on the lemon peels.
- Place the lemon peels in the bowl of the blender. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, sugar and water.
- Process for a couple of minutes until well blended and smooth.
- Sieve, cover and refrigerate. Store covered in refrigerator up to 4 days.