Parmesan Crisps are a quick appetizer idea that is so easy to prepare that you can hardly call it a recipe. With just few ingredients you can have a low-carb appetizer that everybody will enjoy.
Parmesan Crisps can be served either with various cream soup or simply as a substitute for potato chips. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Baked Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries
Parmesan Potato Stacks
Baked Parmesan Chicken Bites
Parmesan Roasted Baby Potatoes
Parmesan Crisps with Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup (100g) Parmesan , finely grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dry oregano
- 1 pound (450g) can or fresh tomatoes , peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp (14g) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 tsp (3g) sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp (1g) dry oregano
- fresh basil
- red pepper flakes , optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Place heaping tablespoons of parmesan at least 1 inch (3cm) apart, flattening slightly. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and dry oregano on top of each.
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare the marinara sauce. In a medium sauce pan heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, cook few seconds then stir in diced tomatoes. Add sugar, basil, oregano, bay leaf, pepper flakes if used, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 20-25 minutes, until slightly reduced and thickened.
- When done, remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving.
- It keeps well refrigerated for up to a week or freeze until ready to use.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I’m down with anything made primarily with Parmesan cheese! lol so delish!
Can this be served cold – if I prepare it five hours before the lunch and then serve it as an appetizer? What sauce will also go with it?