I’ve been craving biscotti lately and as fall is here and apples are in season now I thought of making apple and oats biscotti. I love adding fruits to my breakfast recipes, I find them healthier all of a sudden. Not only I added apples to these biscotti but also used rolled oats and walnuts. These are probably the healthiest biscotti ever 🙂 Crunchy, and wonderfully flavored because of the apple cinnamon combination.
My daughters enjoy apple and oats biscotti and I find them a good snack on the go to their kinder garden. I love to dunk them in my morning coffee. It is such a delightful breakfast.
You can consider drizzling some caramel sauce over the apple biscotti for a decadent morning treat. You can find a caramel sauce recipe here, I am sure you will love this.
These twice-baked apple and oats biscotti are easy to prepare, and can be stored for up to several days in an airtight container, at room temperature.
Dried Fruit Biscotti
Digestive Biscuits with Raisins
Apples and Oats Biscotti
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 1/2 cup walnuts , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Peel apples and grate on the larger holes of the grater.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl mix butter with sugar.
- Mix in eggs and add vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the apples and chopped walnuts.
- Using a rubber spatula shape the batter into 2 loafs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 1/2 inch diagonal slices and place them on the baking tray. Bake for another 15-17 minutes until dry and crisp.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I’m making these tomorrow 🙂 thanks for sharing. like always all the recipes are great and they turn out perfect!
I am glad to hear that 🙂 Let me know how the apple biscotti turn for you:)
These look delicious! I love biscotti but I have never made it myself. Perfect for dunking in coffee!
I love baking and devouring any type of biscotti. Never tried an apple or oat version before though! definitely need to try the recipe, they look delicious!
I never think about biscotti until Christmas. How silly. These sound delicious.
What a delicious idea! I love the addition of apples!!! So yummy!
You know, I have never made biscotti before. I totally need to try this recipe – so many different flavors and textures!
ery tempting and wonderfully seasonal!
Damn delicious snack!!!
tasty and healthy option for brunch snack…
Hello, sorry to bother you.
I want to make these, I love biscotti.
Now, my question is how long I can store this biscotti?
Please let me know.