I’ve been craving biscotti lately and as fall is here and apples are in season now I thought of making apple and oats biscotti. I love adding fruits to my breakfast recipes, I find them healthier all of a sudden. Not only I added apples to these biscotti but also used rolled oats and walnuts. These are probably the healthiest biscotti ever 🙂 Crunchy, and wonderfully flavored because of the apple cinnamon combination.
My daughters enjoy apple and oats biscotti and I find them a good snack on the go to their kinder garden. I love to dunk them in my morning coffee. It is such a delightful breakfast.
You can consider drizzling some caramel sauce over the apple biscotti for a decadent morning treat. You can find a caramel sauce recipe here, I am sure you will love this.
These twice-baked apple and oats biscotti are easy to prepare, and can be stored for up to several days in an airtight container, at room temperature.
Apples and Oats Biscotti
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 1/2 cup walnuts , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Peel apples and grate on the larger holes of the grater.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl mix butter with sugar.
- Mix in eggs and add vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the apples and chopped walnuts.
- Using a rubber spatula shape the batter into 2 loafs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 1/2 inch diagonal slices and place them on the baking tray. Bake for another 15-17 minutes until dry and crisp.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.