I’ve been craving biscotti lately and as fall is here and apples are in season now I thought of making apple biscotti. I really love adding fruits in my breakfast recipes, I find them healthier all of a sudden. Not only I added apples in these biscotti but also used rolled oats and walnuts. These are probably the healthiest biscotti ever 🙂 Crunchy, and wonderfully flavored because of the apple cinnamon combination.
My daughters really enjoy apple and oats biscotti and I find them a good snack on the go to their kinder garden. I personally love to dunk them in my morning coffee. It is such a delightful breakfast.
You can consider on drizzling some caramel sauce over the apple biscotti for a decadent morning treat. You can find a caramel sauce recipe here, I am sure you will love this.
These twice baked apple and oats biscotti are easy to prepare, and can be stored up to several days in an airtight container, at room temperature.
Apples and Oats Biscotti
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 1/2 cup walnuts , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Peel apples and grate on the larger holes of the grater.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl mix butter with sugar.
- Mix in eggs and add vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the apples and chopped walnuts.
- Using a rubber spatula shape the batter into 2 loafs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 1/2 inch diagonal slices and place them on the baking tray. Bake for another 15-17 minutes until dry and crisp.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.