These freshly baked Peach Brioches with a peach and cinnamon flavor interior, and a crunchy sweet exterior are simply out of this world. These peach brioches are simply perfect to start your day with along a cup of milk, coffee or tea or as a snack during the day.
- 3 cups (375g) flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) warm milk
- 25 g fresh yeast (2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast)
- 4 tbsp (60g) sugar
- 4 tbsp (56g) butter or vegetable oil
- freshly grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp (45g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (20g) flour
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1 egg yolk
- In a large bowl, mix flour with sugar. Dissolve the fresh yeast in milk and add to the flour mixture. Add eggs, oil, or melted butter and lemon zest. Mix everything together and knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Cover it and let it rise for about 1 hour.
- Prepare the filling. Combine peach pieces with flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Split the dough in 12 pieces. On a greased surface press each piece with fingers, add 1 tbsp of peach filling, cover with the edges of the dough. Place them on greased muffins tray.
- Beat egg yolk and brush each of the muffins. Sprinkle sugar on top and bake for about 20 -25 minutes or until golden brown.