This Skillet Sweet Potato Bread with Pecan Cranberry Cheese Dip is one of the most impressive and delightful dishes you can prepare for holiday gatherings. The skillet consists of fluffy and soft homemade sweet potato bread rolls ring with a warm gooey melted cheese dip with toasted pecans, dried cranberries and honey in the center. You simply grab a piece of bread, spread some warm cheese dip on top of it, and enjoy one of the most comforting dishes ever.
How to make Skillet Sweet Potato Bread with Pecan Cranberry Cheese Dip
For this recipe, first, you have to make sure you have prepared the mashed sweet potatoes in advance. You can boil, steam, microwave, or roast a small sweet potato, let it cool and mash it with a fork. You can also consider leaving the sweet potato out and substituting it with more milk or pumpkin puree.
Prepare the dough and let it rise for at least one hour until doubled in size. On a floured surface, divide the dough into 16 pieces and shape each into a ball. Place a greased bowl into the center of a greased skillet and arrange the balls around it. Cover and let rest for another 30 minutes until you prepare the walnut cranberry cheese dip.
If you are in a hurry, you can also consider using pre-made store-bought dough, but making it from scratch always brings the best results.
Toast the pecans in a skillet or in the oven and chop them into small pieces. Mix the cream cheese with honey and cinnamon and stir in the mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Add the toasted pecans and cranberries and mix to combine.
Remove the bowl from the skillet and fill the center with the cheese dip. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is warm and melted and the bread is golden brown. It looks so appetizing that I can assure you, everybody will be delighted.
You may also consider this amazing Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Dip for your holiday table. If you like sweet potato recipes you may also like these Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Goat Cheese and Candied Bacon. For more inspiration for your Thanksgiving table check out this collection of Thanksgiving Recipes.
Hope you will try this Skillet Sweet Potato Bread with Pecan Cranberry Cheese Dip and don’t forget to let me know how it turned out for you. Tag me on Instagram if you do and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato Souffle
Pumpkin Crescent Rolls
Skillet Sweet Potato Bread with Pecan Cranberry Cheese Dip
Makes about 16 servings
Sweet Potato Bread Dough
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp (2g) cinnamon
- 2 tsp (6g) active dry yeast (or 20g fresh yeast)
- 2/3 cup (160ml) warm milk
- 1 tsp (5g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (120g) mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 egg ,beaten
Pecan Cranberry Cheese Dip
- 8 oz (230g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 1 cup (100g) mozzarella cheese , grated
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cheddar cheese , grated
- 3/4 cup (75g) pecans or walnuts , toasted and chopped
- 3/4 cup (90g) dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp (30g) honey
- 1/4 tsp (1g) cinnamon
Prepare the sweet potato bread dough.
- In a small bowl, add active dried yeast, sugar and ⅓ cup (80ml) milk, and let it rest for 5 minutes, to activate the yeast. In a large bowl mix flour with salt and cinnamon. Add dissolved yeast, butter, mashed sweet potato and remaining ⅓ cup (80ml) warm milk. Mix everything together then knead until smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit for about 1 hour at room temperature, to let the dough rise until doubled in size.
- On a floured surface, turn the dough, knead for a few seconds and divide it into 16 pieces. Form into balls.
- Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) cast iron skillet with butter and the outer side of a 5-inch (13cm) diameter bowl. Place the bowl in the center of the skillet and arrange the dough balls around the bowl.
- Cover the skillet with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
Prepare the pecan cranberry cheese dip.
- In a bowl add cream cheese and mix until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients: grated mozzarella chese, grated cheddar cheese, chopped toasted pecans or walnuts, cranberries, cinnamon and honey. Mix until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the center of the skillet and add the pecan cranberry dip into the center of the skillet.
- Brush the dough balls with the beaten egg.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
- Let it cool slightly for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Very nice recipe chef 👍👌👏. A dish that everybody can dip into and enjoy, it looks very yummy 😋. Thank you for your effort 🌹🌞😎.
Thank you Jasson 🙂 Hope you will try it out
Thanks for the great recipes. I have a question ; Can I use bread flour? if this implies any change in the process of the dough
yes.. you can use bread flour.. if needed, and the dough is too dry and doesn’t come together add a bit more milk, few tbsp at a time
I have just made this bread and its delicious. I follow you and I love your recipes, I have made several recipes, they never fail. Happy Christmas
PS thanks for answering
So happy to hear that Marimar 🙂 We also loved it very much, it has become a family favorite 🙂