These Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies are perfect for celebrating fall and its holidays, whether you’re baking them for yourself or as a treat for family and friends. They make for an excellent dessert option at parties or gatherings, and they are sure to impress even the most discerning of palates.
Indulging in sweet treats is one of life’s simple pleasures that many people cannot resist. If you’re a fan of the delightful combination of chocolate and peanut butter, then you’re in for a real treat! You simply must try these Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies that will leave you craving for more.
The recipe for these cookies is incredibly easy to follow, and it only requires a few basic ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry. But don’t let the simplicity of the recipe fool you! These cookies are an explosion of flavor and texture that will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
Imagine biting into a rich, soft double chocolate cookie that is filled with creamy, smooth peanut butter. The combination of sweet and salty, chocolaty, nutty, and creamy inside will have you feeling like you’re in dessert heaven. It’s no wonder that these Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies are considered by many to be one of the best cookies ever.
Of course, you will need a bit of patience as the peanut butter and cookie dough need to chill before baking. But trust us, the results are well worth the wait. The cookies come out perfectly baked, with the chocolate cookies being soft and chewy while the peanut butter filling is creamy and smooth.
How to make peanut butter stuffed chocolate cookies
To begin, first, line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and drop 18-19 teaspoons of peanut butter onto it. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour until the peanut butter is firm. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350 F (180C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda, and set aside until ready to use. In another bowl, mix together the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until creamy. Add an egg and vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to gradually incorporate the flour mixture and chocolate chips.
Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to make it easier to handle. Remove the peanut butter teaspoons from the freezer and take large spoons of cookie dough, flattening them on your palm. Add a teaspoon of peanut butter and wrap the dough around it, then roll into balls and place on the prepared baking sheets.
Sprinkle the cookies with flaky sea salt before baking them in the oven for 9-11 minutes. Once baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes. If serving for holidays, decorate the cookies with fall-colored M&M’s candies while still hot.
So why not give this recipe a try and indulge in some heavenly goodness? We guarantee that you won’t regret it. These cookies are simply too delicious to pass up! If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. I love seeing how they turn out for you.
Other chocolate and peanut butter recipes you may like to try
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups are simply irresistible, consisting of chocolate chewy soft cookie crust filled with a smooth and creamy peanut butter filling that is simply heavenly. We also love these No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars and highly recommend. They are so easy to prepare and are totally addictive. They have a beautiful marbled effect on top, that hardly anyone could say it takes no more than 20 minutes to prepare. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Pots de Crème are an elegant, refreshing no-bake dessert you can prepare for your loved ones, especially during the summer. Creamy, rich and decadent, a perfect marriage between chocolate and peanut butter served into individual portions.
Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp (4g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter , room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30g) peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (70g) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (60g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt
- 2/3 cup (160g) creamy peanut butter
- M&Ms candies
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop 18-19 teaspoons of peanut butter and freeze until the dough is ready, for 30 minutes to 1 hour until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk flour with cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside until ready to use.
- In another bowl mix the butter with peanut butter and both sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to gradually incorporate flour mixture and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes, for easier handling.
- Remove the peanut teaspoons from the freezer.Take large spoons of cookie dough, flatten on your palm, add peanut butter and wrap the dough around and roll into balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, remove and let to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes. While still hot decorate the cookies with fall colored M&M’s candies, if serving for holidays.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool slightly. Enjoy!