This Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries is the ultimate dessert combination for any chocolate lover. The smooth and velvety texture of the Chocolate Terrine pairs perfectly with the sweet and juicy flavor of the chocolate-covered strawberries.
Indulging in a rich and decadent dessert is a guilty pleasure that everyone should experience at least once in their life. And what better way to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings than with a Chocolate Terrine? This heavenly dessert is sure to tickle your taste buds with its velvety-smooth texture and intense chocolate flavor.
The best part about this Chocolate Terrine recipe is that it’s incredibly easy to make, even for those who don’t consider themselves skilled in the kitchen. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up this dessert in no time, and the end result is a show-stopper that will leave your guests impressed.
Preparing this recipe is a breeze, with simple steps that are comparable to those of a brownie recipe. However, flour is omitted from the ingredients entirely, and instead, cream is added to create a perfectly creamy and smooth texture. The use of high-quality chocolate ensures that the flavor is rich and intense, making every bite a pure delight.
If you’re looking to impress your loved ones on Valentine’s Day or any other special occasion, this Chocolate Terrine is the perfect choice. It’s a gluten-free dessert that can be enjoyed by everyone, and it pairs perfectly with a variety of toppings, such as fruit sauces, fresh fruit, or cream.
How to make the chocolate terrine
First, preheat your oven to 320F (160C). Then, butter the sides and bottom of an approximately 8 x 4 inches (1 liter capacity) loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
Next, melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl over bain-marie, stirring occasionally until smooth. Once melted, remove the bowl from heat but keep it over the water. Stir in the sugar and then remove the bowl from the pan.
Incorporate cream into the mixture and add salt. Then, add the eggs one at a time and whisk until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and place the pan into a larger pan. Pour hot water until it reaches about halfway up the sides of the pan.
Bake the terrine for 30 minutes, then carefully remove the pan from the water bath and let it cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. When serving, it is best to let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes and cut into slices using a hot knife.
Prepare the chocolate covered strawberries
Melt 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate over bain-marie, then remove from heat and add 1.5 oz (40g) chopped semisweet chocolate for tempering. Stir until melted. Dip the strawberries in chocolate and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Optional, you can melt milk chocolate and drizzle it on top for added decoration. Let the strawberries set to room temperature.
Before serving, decorate the Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries for a beautiful and delicious finish. Arrange the strawberries on top of the terrine, and enjoy this decadent dessert with family and friends!
So, what are you waiting for? Try out this Chocolate Terrine recipe today and indulge in a rich, decadent dessert that will leave you craving more. Whether you’re a chocolate lover or just someone who enjoys a sweet treat every once in a while, this dessert is sure to hit the spot. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. I love seeing how it turns out for you.
Other chocolate recipes you may like to try
Panna Cotta is a classic Italian eggless dessert that has gained popularity worldwide. It is a simple yet elegant dessert that is loved by many. What makes this version of panna cotta even more special is the addition of chocolate. Chocolate lovers will definitely appreciate the rich, creamy, and chocolaty taste of this Chocolate Panna Cotta.
This Red Velvet Lava Cake is one of the most decadent cakes you can prepare for your loved ones. It is easy to prepare and it is always a good choice for the times you want single serving desserts.
This Flourless Chocolate Decadence Cake is a rich and moist chocolatey cake, a chocolate heaven for all chocolate lovers out there. The cake consists of a mousse-like texture chocolate cake that simply melts in your mouth. It has a beautiful decoration in a flower pattern using a silky chocolate ganache.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
Double Chocolate Layer Cake
Chocolate Basque Burnt Cheesecake
Double Chocolate Brownie Muffins
Creamy Chocolate Pudding
Chocolate Raspberry Whoopie Pies
Heart Shaped Chocolate Pavlova
Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Domes
Double Chocolate Biscotti
Chocolate Layer Cake
Chocolate Pudding Cake
Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 10 oz (300g) semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter , unsalted
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
Chocolate covered strawberries
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate
- 1.5 oz (40g) semisweet chocolate , for tempering
- 2 oz (60g) milk chocolate
- Fresh strawberries , washed and dried
- cocoa powder , for dusting
Prepare the chocolate terrine
- Preheat oven to 320F (160C). Butter the sides and bottom of aprox. 8 x 4 inches ( 1 liter capacity) loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl, over bain-marie, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove the pan from heat but keep the bowl over the water. Stir in the sugar and then remove the bowl from the pan.
- Incorporate cream and mix to combine and add salt.
- Then add eggs one at a time into the mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan and place the pan into a larger pan.
- Pour hot water until about halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake the terrine for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan from the water bath and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- When serving it is best to let it sit to room temperature for about 20 minutes and cut into slices using a hot knife.
Prepare chocolate-covered strawberries.
- Melt 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate over bain-marie. Remove from heat and add 1.5 oz (40g) chopped semisweet chocolate for tempering. Stir until melted.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Optional you can melt milk chocolate and drizzle on top.
- Let the strawberries set to room temperature.
- Before serving decorate the terrine with chocolate covered strawberries and enjoy!